The next 3 games will define our season...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
Talk of making the championship game is silly at this point...just concern oneself with Miles and KU in two weeks and let the rest take care of itself. Once we get past KU then WVU and so on...it's one game at a time.
We don't play on the team. Our focus doesn't affect the outcome. Speculation is fun.

Of course the talk is silly. That's why we're on a message board right? For entertainment.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
OSU
KU
WVU
OU

KSU
UT
WVU
TTU
ISU

Rapelor
TCU
OU
UT
KU

UT
KSU
ISU
Rapelor
TTU

ISU
UT
KU
KSU

Rapelor 5-0
OU 4-1
KSU 3-2
ISU 3-2
UT 3-2
OSU 3-3
TCU 2-3
TTU 1-4
WVU 1-4
KU 1-5

I would imagine all three of the mentioned teams would be favored in every game, except one.

We would be 6-3
Rapelor would be 9-0
KSU would be ??-3, we win head-to-head tiebreaker
OU would be ??-3, we win head-to-head tiebreaker
UT would be ??-3, UT would win head-to-head tiebreaker, they would need to lose 2 games
ISU would need at least three losses

A whole would have to happen for us to make the Championship Game. It's possible, but the chances have to be very, very low.

I could see 2 more losses for UT. Then an underdog has to step up and beat one or both of KSU and ISU.
It could happen, Baylor can beat both the whorns and goons. The goons are susceptible on the road and the Clones are a match up problem for the goons.

Dec 6, 2011
Baylor to me feels like we did in 2015...feels like lots of close wins before the wheels fell off. The rapists still have to play OU, Texas and rival TCU

Nov 18, 2010
With Spencer making freshman decisions for much of the year and with the loss of one of the best, if not THE best WR in the country, after 8 games...I'd be very happy with wins over KU and WVU. If you can add a bowl win on top of that, you got a 9 win season. How many of those does OSU have in its history?
All things considered, there's a lot to be positive about after these last couple of weeks.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the simplest route is for us and Baylor to win out and K state to lose once.
OSU
KU
WVU
OU

KSU
UT
WVU
TTU
ISU

Rapelor
TCU
OU
UT
KU

UT
KSU
ISU
Rapelor
TTU

ISU
UT
KU
KSU

Rapelor 5-0
OU 4-1
KSU 3-2
ISU 3-2
UT 3-2
OSU 3-3
TCU 2-3
TTU 1-4
WVU 1-4
KU 1-5

I would imagine all three of the mentioned teams would be favored in every game, except one.

We would be 6-3
Rapelor would be 9-0
KSU would be ??-3, we win head-to-head tiebreaker
OU would be ??-3, we win head-to-head tiebreaker
UT would be ??-3, UT would win head-to-head tiebreaker, they would need to lose 2 games
ISU would need at least three losses

A whole would have to happen for us to make the Championship Game. It's possible, but the chances have to be very, very low.

I could see 2 more losses for UT. Then an underdog has to step up and beat one or both of KSU and ISU.
Are you talking outright regular season? Because we don't have to finish first to get in to the game.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Are you talking outright regular season? Because we don't have to finish first to get in to the game.

The comment was Rapelor and us to win out; and KSU to lose one game. If you look at the remaining schedule it would take more than that and we'd still finish 2nd.

Jan 14, 2006
The comment was Rapelor and us to win out; and KSU to lose one game. If you look at the remaining schedule it would take more than that and we'd still finish 2nd.
I was figuring it for second. I messed up by looking at overall records instead of conference. Which means we'd need an additional Texas and ISU loss. They both play KSt so some of its going to happen.

There are a bunch of scenarios where we could get in, none of them probable. But it's fun to think about.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
I was figuring it for second. I messed up by looking at overall records instead of conference. Which means we'd need an additional Texas and ISU loss. They both play KSt so some of its going to happen.

There are a bunch of scenarios where we could get in, none of them probable. But it's fun to think about.
Yes, I agree. What a turn of events if it were to happen. Hey all we can do is take care of our games.

Jan 14, 2006
Simplest path now is for us to win out, Iowa St to beat Texas this week and Baylor to beat OU this week and Texas next week. We'd play Baylor for the big 12 title.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I can't believe I haven't seen this posted elsewhere.

These are sweet.

https://twitter.com/CowboyFB/status/1193657601667538944?s=19

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
And we move on to Game #4 of the next "3" will define our season...IMHO, it's this 4th game that is the biggest...very few will see it that way, but it is a game we "should" win, but one where WVU's backs are squarely against a wall and ours are not...It's a game we desperately need to win on the road to come into Bedlam with any sort of momentum. Lose and all mo is lost and we perhaps win 8 with a bowl victory or 7 with three straight losses to end the season. Win and the sky's the limit. That's the definition of a BIG game.

Beat WVU!