The next 3 games will define our season...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
I’m starting to fear that we will lose all the rest of our games....

Miles will get his boys fired up to a Feaver pitch for us ..the media will play up Miles going up against Gundy and his old school..the one he started turning around before he went to LSU...Kansas wins and the game is heralded as the rebirth of Jayhawk football while at the same time being shown as a symbol of the decay that has befallen the once proud OSU Cowboys, two schools moving in opposite directions..

Lord, the story almost writes itself.

I sure hope I’m wrong

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Watch us lose them all except OU. Gundy and Gleeson have been holding back the Princeton Shenanigans Offense to unleash it on an unsuspecting Lincoln Riley. OU goes down and misses the CFP and Gundy gets a Franchise Coach contract.
You mean the Princeton Offensive Shenanigans? In other words POS?

This isn't a shot at Gleeson. I just couldn't pass up the letters P, O, and S.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Since 07/08 we've not had back to back "mediocre" seasons. This one is looking like it could be mediocre and we as fans would breathe a sigh of relief. I'm a big fan of Gundy...but I hope this isn't a trend in the wrong direction.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Good morning,

I've already visited the basketball thread for Big 12 media day updates on that front, but Guerin Emig was also able to slip in a few football questions to the commissioner while he was there.

Noteworthy --- on the October 2020 Bedlam kickoff...

“If you start going in and scheduling those games, it affects when your byes fall and it affects how many road games in a row you have. We have a whole bunch of soft and hard principles around our scheduling. We plug those in and then the games fall where they fall.”

Wouldn’t it do the conference some competitive good to keep Bedlam in November? Since impact games like that position your teams for the postseason...

“How do you ever know what the impact games are?” Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said.

You don’t really. But the model for Bedlam would seem to indicate...

“Why would we favor that game over other impactful games?” Bowlsby said. “I’m sure it makes a difference to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State fans. I’m not sure it makes a difference to the other eight schools. We just try to do what’s fair.”
You can read more on OSU's 2020 schedule here.

Frank Bonner II's feature on Philip Redwine-Bryant...

Thirteen years ago, Trinity Redwine sat down with her fourth-grade son, Philip Redwine-Bryant, to share what she described as one of the worst moments of her life.

Daniel Holland — Redwine’s boss at the South Plains District Veterinary Command in Fort Hood, Texas, and one of the most important men in her son’s life — had died when an improvised explosive device detonated near him while he served in Iraq.

“It just took me back,” Redwine-Bryant said in an interview last week. “At first, I didn’t really realize what that meant. … Then it started really setting in like, oh, wow, he’s gone.”

Redwine-Bryant immediately referred to Holland following the game as being the main reason why he sports an OSU jersey in the first place. His mother, a University of Texas graduate, raised Redwine-Bryant as a Longhorns fan.

Redwine and Holland, an OSU alumnus, had a friendly rivalry. Sheryl said Redwine and Holland would have bets on who would put the other person’s alma mater sign in their yard if their team lost.

Redwine-Bryant grew up being all about Texas, but Holland made sure to throw OSU in his ear.
Also from Frank, a focus on discipline...

The Oklahoma State coaching staff sold out on its message of becoming a more disciplined football team during the offseason, but the Cowboys’ past two games haven’t been that disciplined.

The coaching staff forced its players to pay close attention to minor details down to the cleanliness of their lockers. Visual representation was reinforced with “Win with Discipline” T-shirts worn by the coaches.

“I feel like everybody knows we’ve kind of lost our discipline a little bit over the last few weeks, especially this last Baylor game with the penalties,” linebacker Amen Ogbongbemiga said Tuesday. “We’ve got to cut those out. Against good teams, you can’t give them any yards.”
Finally, Bill Haisten talks the state of the program...

There are clearly defined differences between a slumping team and a broken program.

The Arkansas program is broken. OSU’s is not broken, but, over the course of these past 17 games, this is the worst Cowboy slump in 12 years.

While Gundy coolly predicted he’ll pull OSU out of this depression, I see signs that he has shifted into must-win crisis mode. He was extremely animated and energized on Monday.

If OSU loses this week, the Cowboys over the last two years would be 0-6 vs. Iowa State, Texas Tech and Baylor. In 2009-17, Gundy was 21-5 against those programs.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO

Miles will get his boys fired up to a Feaver pitch for us ..the media will play up Miles going up against Gundy and his old school..the one he started turning around before he went to LSU...Kansas wins and the game is heralded as the rebirth of Jayhawk football while at the same time being shown as a symbol of the decay that has befallen the once proud OSU Cowboys, two schools moving in opposite directions..

I sure hope I’m wrong
Herbstreit, after being so pro-OSU for the entire first half of the season just picked the Cyclone Birds to win. We have lost the confidence of one of our faithful.

I feel by the time the Kansas game rolls around, Gundy will have lost the team and most of the the games. However, I do think we can beat Kansas.
I don't really know how because we've shown NOTHING to disprove that we can lose to our old coach...or to any coach for that matter.

What a sad turn our program has taken. I certainly hope we never have to relive those last Bob Simmons coached days of disasterous, disheartening football. Simmons gave us hope for a few years, but then the waste matter hit the ventilation system.

But WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR!

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I sure hope I’m wrong
Herbstreit, after being so pro-OSU for the entire first half of the season just picked the Cyclone Birds to win. We have lost the confidence of one of our faithful.

I feel by the time the Kansas game rolls around, Gundy will have lost the team and most of the the games. However, I do think we can beat Kansas.
I don't really know how because we've shown NOTHING to disprove that we can lose to our old coach...or to any coach for that matter.

What a sad turn our program has taken. I certainly hope we never have to relive those last Bob Simmons coached days of disasterous, disheartening football. Simmons gave us hope for a few years, but then the waste matter hit the ventilation system.

But WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR!
Hot take there. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Rooting for all three of them. Only way we get not-Mike-Gundy as a coach anytime soon
???:ban:
You must be a troll after seeing the last two games. Can you not see improvement in the red shirt freshman quarterback regardless of the fact that the top receiver on the team is out for the season and the starting center didn’t play yesterday?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So we went 2-1 in the strech of the "next 3 games," I kind of expect us to do that same thing with the next 3...these 3 really will define our season. We are now bowl eligible, its time to play for ranking, better bowl position, wins over rivals, a possible Heisman, and a great season despite our early conference disappointment. ALL those goals are still on the table. Win vs KU and WVU and the season becomes very very interesting again.

Jan 14, 2006
Not sure if you guys have looked at the big 12 standings, but we could sneak in the title game with a little help if we win out.

Hope is a dangerous thing

Sep 6, 2014
This conference needs a representative like OU's current position. I'm not rooting for OU, but I am rooting for the Big 12 conference as a whole. It needs at least 1 team vying for a legitimate spot in the playoffs. Texas sure isn't helping that much..well, that may apply to most teams.
Not sure if you guys have looked at the big 12 standings, but we could sneak in the title game with a little help if we win out.

Hope is a dangerous thing
I looked but didn't want to get to crazy. What exactly do we need to happen to sneak in? Assuming 0u has to lose at least 1 more before us and Texas needs another loss too? Hard to imagine Baylor beating 0u and Texas but I guess that's what we gotta be rooting for

Jan 14, 2006
I looked but didn't want to get to crazy. What exactly do we need to happen to sneak in? Assuming 0u has to lose at least 1 more before us and Texas needs another loss too? Hard to imagine Baylor beating 0u and Texas but I guess that's what we gotta be rooting for
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the simplest route is for us and Baylor to win out and K state to lose once.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the simplest route is for us and Baylor to win out and K state to lose once.
OSU
KU
WVU
OU

KSU
UT
WVU
TTU
ISU

Rapelor
TCU
OU
UT
KU

UT
KSU
ISU
Rapelor
TTU

ISU
UT
KU
KSU

Rapelor 5-0
OU 4-1
KSU 3-2
ISU 3-2
UT 3-2
OSU 3-3
TCU 2-3
TTU 1-4
WVU 1-4
KU 1-5

I would imagine all three of the mentioned teams would be favored in every game, except one.

We would be 6-3
Rapelor would be 9-0
KSU would be ??-3, we win head-to-head tiebreaker
OU would be ??-3, we win head-to-head tiebreaker
UT would be ??-3, UT would win head-to-head tiebreaker, they would need to lose 2 games
ISU would need at least three losses

A whole would have to happen for us to make the Championship Game. It's possible, but the chances have to be very, very low.

I could see 2 more losses for UT. Then an underdog has to step up and beat one or both of KSU and ISU.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Talk of making the championship game is silly at this point...just concern oneself with Miles and KU in two weeks and let the rest take care of itself. Once we get past KU then WVU and so on...it's one game at a time.