The next 3 games will define our season...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
If you look at the current Big-12 standings, our next 3 opponents are all above us today.

- Baylor
- @ Iowa State
- TCU

It just comes down to winning against those 3 teams. If we do, then we likely will finish 3rd in the Big-12, have a nice 9-3 regular season record behind a Freshman QB, have a nice trip to San Antonio for a Bowl game against a really interesting Pac-12 team and have a chance to finish 10-3.

For every loss we suffer against those three teams, all those things drop a notch.

The Baylor game represents week 3 of our "revenge" stretch where we play 5 teams in a row who beat us last year. We beat Kansas State. No luck evening the score against Tech. Personally, I thought watching the Baylor/Tech game made me think that Baylor is certainly a game we can win. They struggled against Tech in Waco. We can beat Baylor.

Iowa State has already lost to Baylor, but beaten TCU. If we win against Baylor, we should be able to go on the road and beat ISU.

TCU frankly has done nothing this year to make me think they can beat us... Especially in Stillwater.

So if the Coaches have done their jobs in this off week, we should see a Cowboy victory on Saturday and still have the possibility of a very solid 10-3 season. However, if we lose Saturday, the wheels could come off this season in a hurry.

I think we'll see a Cowboy victory for homecoming....

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
If you look at the current Big-12 standings, our next 3 opponents are all above us today.

- Baylor
- @ Iowa State
- TCU

It just comes down to winning against those 3 teams. If we do, then we likely will finish 3rd in the Big-12, have a nice 9-3 regular season record behind a Freshman QB, have a nice trip to San Antonio for a Bowl game against a really interesting Pac-12 team and have a chance to finish 10-3.

For every loss we suffer against those three teams, all those things drop a notch.

The Baylor game represents week 3 of our "revenge" stretch where we play 5 teams in a row who beat us last year. We beat Kansas State. No luck evening the score against Tech. Personally, I thought watching the Baylor/Tech game made me think that Baylor is certainly a game we can win. They struggled against Tech in Waco. We can beat Baylor.

Iowa State has already lost to Baylor, but beaten TCU. If we win against Baylor, we should be able to go on the road and beat ISU.

TCU frankly has done nothing this year to make me think they can beat us... Especially in Stillwater.

So if the Coaches have done their jobs in this off week, we should see a Cowboy victory on Saturday and still have the possibility of a very solid 10-3 season. However, if we lose Saturday, the wheels could come off this season in a hurry.

I think we'll see a Cowboy victory for homecoming....
Good observation. Our bye week couldn’t have come at a better time. I think we bounce back this week. The next 3 games are likely toss-ups. Optimistically, I think we win at least 2 of them. ISU in Ames is my biggest concern. Like you said, win all 3 and we’re and the season is setting up nicely.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I hope you are right, only because that means we still have a chance at a successful season. I'm worried after it is all said and done, the Tech game will be the one that defined our a season.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I hope you are right, only because that means we still have a chance at a successful season. I'm worried after it is all said and done, the Tech game will be the one that defined our a season.
That was the game in which we needed to get some positive momentum. Don't think it's gonna happen this week.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
* I thought going into Baylor, we were playing for 3rd in the Big-12 and a trip to the Alamo Bowl. We failed.

* In Ames this week, I think we'll be playing for 4th in the Big-12 and a trip to Orlando. Hard to see us winning in Ames based on the last 3 games we've played.

* So we probably will be playing TCU in a couple weeks for 5th place in the Big-12 and a Bowl trip to Houston. I think at this point, that is where we finish with wins against TCU, West Virginia, and Kansas down the stretch.

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Watch us lose them all except OU. Gundy and Gleeson have been holding back the Princeton Shenanigans Offense to unleash it on an unsuspecting Lincoln Riley. OU goes down and misses the CFP and Gundy gets a Franchise Coach contract.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Watch us lose them all except OU. Gundy and Gleeson have been holding back the Princeton Shenanigans Offense to unleash it on an unsuspecting Lincoln Riley. OU goes down and misses the CFP and Gundy gets a Franchise Coach contract.
This board would meltdown like Chernobyl.