The Marvel Studios Thread: Infinity War Edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
I've got my tickets in IMAX 3D for Sunday! Woot!

The First Reactions to Avengers: Infinity War Are Here and Just About Everybody Has Been Blown Away
https://io9.gizmodo.com

Last night, the press got to see Avengers: Infinity War, the culmination of a decades worth of Marvel movies that unites all your favorite heroes (and also Hawkeye) in one big mishmash of epic proportions. Although reviews aren’t available yet, critics have taken to social media to laud the movie—especially all the surprises it holds.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
My MCU rankings after seeing AIW.

Phase One
Iron Man (#7)
The Incredible Hulk (#17)
Iron Man 2 (#19)
Thor (#13)
Captain America: The First Avenger (#15)
Marvel’s The Avengers (#11)

Phase Two
Iron Man 3 (#18)
Thor: The Dark World (#14)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (#5)
Guardians of the Galaxy (#1)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (#10)
Ant-Man (#16)

Phase Three
Captain America: Civil War (#8)
Doctor Strange (#9)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (#4)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (#12)
Thor: Ragnarok (#3)
Black Panther (#6)
Avengers: Infinity War (#2)

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Thanos is definitely one of the best movie villains we've seen in some time if not one of the best ever. I had to look up the meaning of the post credits scene....wonder how that is going to fit in with part 2.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
Thanos is definitely one of the best movie villains we've seen in some time if not one of the best ever. I had to look up the meaning of the post credits scene....wonder how that is going to fit in with part 2.
I assume you know the insignia on Fury's communicator is related to Captain Marvel. I read that her movie next year will be set during the 90's when Fury is obviously younger and connects with her for the first time. Then I'm sure she will appear again in Avengers 4.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/28/...swers-explanation-captain-marvel-symbol-pager

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It was a roller coaster of a ride for a movie. It started with a bang and ended with a bang. Thanos is a grade A bad ass.

Looking forward to DP2 as I think Ryan Reynolds was born just to play that part

Oct 7, 2008
You could tell pretty early on his character was going to be good. Not mindlessly evil at all, but still felt he was doing a hero's work and still had a heart. As they say, no one ever sees themselves as the villain.