The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
https://www.reuters.com/article/jp-...precious-metals-treasury-market-idUSKBN26K325
JPMorgan to pay $920 million for manipulating precious metals, treasury market

JPMorgan will pay $436.4 million in fines, $311.7 million in restitution and more than $172 million in disgorgement, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) said on Tuesday, the biggest-ever settlement imposed by the derivatives regulator.

Between 2008 and 2016, JPMorgan engaged in a pattern of manipulation in the precious metals futures and U.S. Treasury futures market, the CFTC said. Traders would place orders on one side of the market which they never intended to execute, to create a false impression of buy or sell interest that would raise or depress prices, according to the settlement.

Oct 7, 2008
Bassett Furniture had a great earnings report this morning, only problem is they can't keep up with orders. Big 5 is popping, has earnings at the end of the month. ROKU if you prescribe to the buy picks and shovels theory for streaming. Absolutely love Walmart as they're sitting on piles of cash and ready to go to war with Amazon. They've been doing things weekly that would cause TSLA to pop 20%.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I had a bit of a WTF moment when I checked my Robinhood acct this morning...
1602160891341.png

Along with that drop, my VSLR shares were missing. Apparently they had a stock merger overnight with RUN (who I actually already had some shares of as well). They only converted full shares of VSLR to RUN though and any fractional shares are being returned as cash, which I guess is what that drop is showing. I'm really hoping that cash gets back to my acct quickly though so I can put it in something else (or add it back to my RUN shares) before anything changes significantly.

Oct 7, 2008
I had a bit of a WTF moment when I checked my Robinhood acct this morning...
View attachment 86121
Along with that drop, my VSLR shares were missing. Apparently they had a stock merger overnight with RUN (who I actually already had some shares of as well). They only converted full shares of VSLR to RUN though and any fractional shares are being returned as cash, which I guess is what that drop is showing. I'm really hoping that cash gets back to my acct quickly though so I can put it in something else (or add it back to my RUN shares) before anything changes significantly.
PLUG has been on an absolute tear for you. Noice.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
PLUG has been on an absolute tear for you. Noice.
Effing RUN has being doing awful (-10%) since merging with VSLR... I'm hoping it's just a reaction that will be in the rear view mirror soon. I'm just pissed that VSLR had been increasing daily for the last several months and then it gets squandered by this merger.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Effing RUN has being doing awful (-10%) since merging with VSLR... I'm hoping it's just a reaction that will be in the rear view mirror soon. I'm just pissed that VSLR had been increasing daily for the last several months and then it gets squandered by this merger.
I just want to emphasize that RUN has been a turd and I wish VSLR had just stayed on their own... VSLR had been consistently tracking up the last year then they merge with RUN and after the initial spike from the merger it's just been negative or 0 gain.