The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2008
APPS, QCOM, DDOG, AXSM, TDOC, WKHS,
Once I saw ARK doubled down on their WKHS buy I was in. Cathie Woods is the Warren Buffet for the tech age. I love her investment strategy.

Other interesting thing I saw from looking at their autonomous tech ETF. Their biggest holding is TSLA, but one of their other biggest is John Deere. I haven't seen anyone anywhere mention this stock so took a look and they're absolutely killing it lately.

Oct 7, 2008
Flexsteel, another stock I've been watching recently for the trend in buying and moving homes. Popped yesterday, decided to look up insider trading today.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/flxs/insider-activity

Conversely I'd seen a lot of people talking about Nautilus as a Peleton-ish Covid play. Google trends all the searches for those products peaked around February. All anyone in media talked about was Peleton but Nautilus flew under the radar and went from trading under $2 to over $16. Took a look at their insider trading of late. That's gonna be a no for me, dawg.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/nls/insider-activity

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2008
Out of tech for any short-mid term plays, have plenty of that in my mutual funds. But FLXS and BSET are killing it for me today. Two of the biggest furniture stores in the country, lots of insider buying on both lately, tailing the Wayfair trend, furniture is still something people want to see in store to buy. Looking at their 5-yr highs feel like they both still have room to run.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Yep. I still like them long term, just saying people will overreact to that news if it were to happen. Side note: have you been watching this Nikola crap show lately?
JPM had a report out on NKLA yest.

Nikola Corp Overweight
NKLA, NKLA US
CFO Discussion: TakeawaysWe touched base with Kim Brady, CFO of Nikola, today. The overall
message was reassuring: no loss of momentum with existing partners,
prospective customers, suppliers and employees.
 Pre-Public Events. Mr. Brady noted that some of the issues that have
recently been discussed relate to events that preceded Nikola’s SPAC
merger and some pre-date the company’s founding in 2014.
 Due diligence. Mr. Brady noted that manufacturing partners have
conducted extensive due diligence on the company. Bosch has had
several score of employees engaged with Nikola, spanning the timeline
of events noted in a recent short-report.
 All On Board. Partners, prospective customers, suppliers and staff
remain engaged and the firm remains focused on execution of the plan.
Mr. Brady noted that Bosch is comfortable with its dual-source role as
Fuel Cell solution provider and remains engaged on other elements of
the systems integration.
 Expect Tighter Messaging. The CFO expects the firm to tighten up its
messaging moving forward. He neither confirmed nor denied that
regulators are investigating the company, but sounded a bit frustrated by
how things are being reported in the media at the moment. With
reference to Jeffrey Ubben’s recent comment (Mr Ubben is a shareholder
and director of the company), he stated that Nikola does not regret going
public when it did because doing so is enabling execution (he seemed to
think Mr. Ubben might withdraw that specific comment given the
opportunity).
 We rate NKLA Overweight. Never a dull moment with this stock.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Also, NKLA shares are tight to borrow right now. So shorts are struggling to find any. NONE OF THIS IS A RECOMENDATION. Just information

Another Big short seller crap show is NNOX. if their tech is real, well do your own DD

Oct 7, 2008
Also, NKLA shares are tight to borrow right now. So shorts are struggling to find any. NONE OF THIS IS A RECOMENDATION. Just information

Another Big short seller crap show is NNOX. if their tech is real, well do your own DD
Yeah, it's pretty fascinating watching these stocks rise 100% one day only to fall off a cliff the next. That Snowflake IPO was absolutely ridiculous.