The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
I can't figure out UPS. Seems they would be thriving in this environment given low gas prices and endless demand, but it seems to be stuck in neutral.
And here is one I totally blew. Bought at around $100, watched it languish around that level for a couple months while other stocks were soaring and gave up on it and sold out at a break even. Now it's trading around $140 due to just the reason I bought in the first place.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
And here is one I totally blew. Bought at around $100, watched it languish around that level for a couple months while other stocks were soaring and gave up on it and sold out at a break even. Now it's trading around $140 due to just the reason I bought in the first place.
UPS saved my butt today.

Nov 6, 2010
UPS saved my butt today.
What do you think about Raytheon?? I keep adding it much like my addiction to Boeing. I realize the two will most likely always move in tandem, but Raytheon seems a little more diversified and just seems way oversold to me.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
What do you think about Raytheon?? I keep adding it much like my addiction to Boeing. I realize the two will most likely always move in tandem, but Raytheon seems a little more diversified and just seems way oversold to me.
Can't say I'm a huge Raytheon fan at this point. Earnings momentum is poor and lots of institutional selling, as well relative strength that's dropping like a rock. The industry group is performing in the bottom tier as well. Would not dollar average down on this one. Would look for fundamental outlook to improve and for relative strength and profit momentum to turn higher.

If you are looking for a promising name in that group, look at AVAV (unmanned flight).

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Could at least fill the downside gap around 53

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
My opinion but too many things going up to hold something trending down right now that does not have big growth ahead of it.

Nov 6, 2010
My opinion but too many things going up to hold something trending down right now that does not have big growth ahead of it.
Kinda puts you in the buy high-sell low category doesn't it? Of course the recent rally has been all about buy high, sell higher, so you might be right. I just think some of these old companies have a couple cards left to play. I also bought Intel today, so, I'm probably a moron.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Kinda puts you in the buy high-sell low category doesn't it? Of course the recent rally has been all about buy high, sell higher, so you might be right. I just think some of these old companies have a couple cards left to play. I also bought Intel today, so, I'm probably a moron.
Or maybe in the don’t get caught in a value trap category.

Oct 7, 2008
I just bought BUD, hopefully it's not too late. Probably going to double down with Coors. Aside from those I've been trying to find companies that were doing just fine before Covid but haven't rebounded yet. Looking at Uhaul as well, as I foresee a lot of movers and shakers in the coming months. Tons of people out there buying and selling houses right now, not sure if there's any other way to capitalize. Looking at Masco as well.

(just learning what I'm doing here so please no one listen to me)

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Go look at many of the big movers this year. All or almost all had big EPS gaps up and kept going. If one has a good enough sell discipline you can make any trade you want. But buying the strongest out of breaks has paid well this year. And most every year. Look right now at AAPL, FB, AMZN after hours. QCOM today got out of a 20 year base.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
BTW talking about GOOG, AMZN, FB AAPL, and the Covid keep everyone at home stance they are taking. Do they have ANY incentive for people to go back to work or school and get off their newtorks, or shopping sites etc etc etc? hmmmmm