The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
I take no joy in it. I wish they would get their act together.
Luckily this is one of those few instances where procrastination pays. I didn't have any more money to buy in my trading account, and had meant to reload for a few days but kept putting it off. So, I didn't have any money to buy Intel, or anything else, saved me a little money I suppose, because I probably would have pulled the trigger when it was around $60.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Luckily this is one of those few instances where procrastination pays. I didn't have any more money to buy in my trading account, and had meant to reload for a few days but kept putting it off. So, I didn't have any money to buy Intel, or anything else, saved me a little money I suppose, because I probably would have pulled the trigger when it was around $60.
Sounds like the time to buy is now. The drop is due to Intel having a delay on its new chipset but I still do not see AMD overtaking them in the long run. Most companies are standardized on Intel since AMD left the market and are only just starting to even try out AMD. Most of these companies will not be able or willing to switch entire infrastructure over either.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Sounds like the time to buy is now. The drop is due to Intel having a delay on its new chipset but I still do not see AMD overtaking them in the long run. Most companies are standardized on Intel since AMD left the market and are only just starting to even try out AMD. Most of these companies will not be able or willing to switch entire infrastructure over either.
I worked on contract at AMD when they were stuck between $5-$7 per share. It was so dysfunctional that their big achievement was a $1 billion dollar patent settlement against Intel.

Nov 6, 2010
Yea, maybe, but 6 months?? That sounds like serious issues to me, and 6 months is an eternity in that game. They may just be too far behind to catch up.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
So insiders are selling. Now is the time to sell, not buy. Schlumberger just laid off 21,000 employees, because people aren't using enough oil based products. Gold is at record highs, which isn't a good sign. Maybe the rich are moving from stocks to gold. We don't know how successful the return to schools, universities and sports will be this fall. There is still a lot to learn about the virus, such as how likely it is to be transmitted through the eyes. If it can, it won't be a big problem. Just wear goggles or a face shield in addition to mask.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Yea, maybe, but 6 months?? That sounds like serious issues to me, and 6 months is an eternity in that game. They may just be too far behind to catch up.
Most of the companies will have to do testing on AMD processors that will take 6-12 months before they can make the move over. And once they do it will likely need to be in there next 3 year buying cycle. Also most have put a hold on major purchases right now anyway so the delay is not really a big deal under the current conditions.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Not sure.

But, if you are a company that has never been profitable and you now want to make masks or HCQ, they will give you $5,000,000.
Once again, I'm not smart enough to get rich by being brilliant, or stupid enough to get rich by being an idiot.

I'm hating everyone and everything today, no including myself.