The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Welp, there you go again. I didn't vote for Trump. I just look at some of your drivel and shake my head that you think the AOC's of the world (your party) with their asinine demands to hand out free stuff won't dwarf anything and everything Trump has done. Plus, I'm sure Peolsi and Schumer (your party) could have done all they portend to do in the face of a world pandemic without busting the budget.
Your straw mans are so predictable.

Step 1) I mention some current event that is going on.
Step 2) You mention Obama and get the whatabout train rolling.
Step 3) I illustrate that Trump is actually worse on that given issue and that it is odd that you keep coming to Trump's defense on something that he has shown to suck at.
Step 4) You proceed to beat down the straw man that I am some sort of big government democrat, listing several of my least favorite politicians on the hill.

Have you ever thought about writing a guide on how to argue from bad faith? Got some real talent there.
What a BS counterpoint to a legitimate argument. Trump is a friggin loser, but to suggest the Dems could have or will navigate these times without creating a massively larger deficit is just effing ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Biden could be different because he's already said that he wants to increase corporate taxes and tax capital gains as normal income. He also said that he's open to the idea of a financial transaction tax that could change markets significantly.

We'll probably be fine if Republicans retain the Senate, but a Democratic sweep could upset the apple cart.
I wouldn't care for increased corporate income taxes, since they can just pass them on to their customers. The majority of them already have a good deal as it is now, since as much as 2/3rds don't pay income taxes. Makes far better sense to raise income taxes on individual millionaires.
2/3rds don’t pay taxes?

Corporations with large PP&E investments have significant timing differences between GAAP accounting income and IRS tax income which often results in deferred taxes, not avoided taxes. Increasing the corporate tax rate won’t change timing differences.

As a side note, I don’t know why a national GOP politician can’t/won’t effectively explain corporate taxes as a rebuttal to the non-stop Dem accusation that many corps don’t pay taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
1595339123715.png

It appears silver is in the process of breaking out. Due to the pretty wide discrepancy between the gold and silver ratio which is almost historic levels, and the physical shortage of silver, things look really good moving forward.

Last edited:

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
They have had a number of issues to name a few some critical security flaws that have done harm to their reputation as well as some critical supply chain and production issues. Institutional investors are bailing from long-term holding in INTC and piling into Advanced Micro Devices and NVIDIA, who are quite frankly better innovators and enjoy a better perception in the chip market at this point. NVDA has surpassed Intel in market cap to become #1.

Intel will be resting its hopes on the next generation i7 chip which will have 8 cores and 12 threads, and if they can execute that along with the new i9 and hyperthreading technology, and close the loop on their recent security gaffes, then they should recover well at some point. Right now they are about 16% off their 52 week high, so it's not a dire situation, it's just that they are flat out being outclassed by the more nimble and efficient competitors, AMD, Taiwan Semi (TSM) and NVDA.

There is an article published today about this very topic in Bizjournals, but it is fronted by a paywall. I'll see if I can find it elsewhere. In the mean time, I would not sleep on them. Financially they are still quite strong and continue to grow earnings at a nice clip.
Thanks, and don't sweat the article. My thinking is INtel has the staying power and balance sheet to weather the ever-advancement, and get ahead of it at some point.
Welp...