The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
God forbid we should have a president who doesn't want the country to descend into a morass of chaos and destruction.

Nov 6, 2010
Back to the market, another wow! It is so funny to watch a day like today and look back two weeks and try to remember why it was so hard to pull the trigger on Boeing at $120, or any one of another 100 examples. Well, maybe funny isn't the right word.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
The roaring 20s are back! The economy could get so much improved in the next couple of months, that the situation will move from the need for Republicans to save themselves by replacing Trump with Pence to the Democrats needing to try saving themselves by replacing Biden with somebody else.

Last edited:

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
The market right now makes us all experts. A dart and a list of stocks would have given a good return. Short term the market is expecting a recovery. A hiccup will crater this rally. I am in a hold position for my taxable account. May go to a 30% cash position in the retirement accounts.

Full disclosure: I now two yards in the neighborhood for whiskey money.

Nov 6, 2010
The market right now makes us all experts. A dart and a list of stocks would have given a good return. Short term the market is expecting a recovery. A hiccup will crater this rally. I am in a hold position for my taxable account. May go to a 30% cash position in the retirement accounts.

Full disclosure: I now two yards in the neighborhood for whiskey money.
Maybe best typo ever.

Oct 30, 2007
I missed it this morning, but the jobs report beat expectations by 10 million jobs! The economic recovery is going really well. The Nasdaq hit an all time high today. The Dow and S&P 500 are less than 10% below their all time highs. This V-bottom recovery has been really impressive. I didn't expect it to happen this fast.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I missed it this morning, but the jobs report beat expectations by 10 million jobs! The economic recovery is going really well. The Nasdaq hit an all time high today. The Dow and S&P 500 are less than 10% below their all time highs. This V-bottom recovery has been really impressive. I didn't expect it to happen this fast.

See it freaks me out. Jobs are up, good, but almost every major city in this country has been enduring protests followed by riots all week. This feels so counter to how I feel it is unreal.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
God forbid we should have a president who doesn't want the country to descend into a morass of chaos and destruction.
Welcome to team Biden. He sucks but at least he isn't going to be unprepared for a global pandemic, lead us into economic chaos, and be responsible for starting a race war. Honestly, at this point his slogan could be "How much worse can it get?"

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Welcome to team Biden. He sucks but at least he isn't going to be unprepared for a global pandemic, lead us into economic chaos, and be responsible for starting a race war. Honestly, at this point his slogan could be "How much worse can it get?"
I guess that's the narrative now. Doesn't mean any of it is true.

P.S. the dropping unemployment rate and the NASDAQ says hi.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I guess that's the narrative now. Doesn't mean any of it is true.

P.S. the dropping unemployment rate and the NASDAQ says hi.
It's not a narrative. It's life right now.

Hell, if the Republicans drop trump and go for Pence or Rubio I'd be on board. But they won't so we are stuck with a second term of someone who is Franklyn Pierce level at sucking at the job or someone who inspires no one, man I'm taking option B.

Sucks but that's where we are.