The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
One of the best run companies on the planet. You can’t go wrong as long as you understand the stock price moves with the price of oil. Great investment if you buy now and have the patience to wait for oil prices to recover - which they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THanks for the info, pulled the trigger on a few more shares this morning. Will probably regret not buying a bunch more by this time next year.

Nov 6, 2010
Nov 6, 2010
Anyone have any thoughts on marijuana stocks?? We jumped in on several a year or so ago, and most have tanked. But there appears to be a couple that are stabilizing, and may be a steal now. Looking specifically at Aurora Cannabis, Canopy Growth and Cronos Group.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Anyone have any thoughts on marijuana stocks?? We jumped in on several a year or so ago, and most have tanked. But there appears to be a couple that are stabilizing, and may be a steal now. Looking specifically at Aurora Cannabis, Canopy Growth and Cronos Group.
I don't invest in cannabis, I only ingest it. Wish I had more for ya. ;)

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I have a safe one for you Scotts miracle gro. Stable with longterm growth. Not a day trade stock.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Clearly, I'm just not that into homework.
Not necessarily. With proper homework you can tell which ones are more than appropriate and very desirable to buy near the all time highs.
Long term investment in a diverse company. Its not going to make huge gains in short term investing. Pot stocks at this point are kind of like penny stocks. Also with the lack of federal support, its a cash business for now. The supporting companies are about as safe of a gamble on pot stocks at the time. Until banking can be utilized, and distribution boundaries are removed. It will be slow growth , basically until its legal on the fed level.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Not to pee on everyone’s convertible top down parade but there was an announcement from the king of cali last week that should scare the living crap out of everyone in the US. It’s only Ca you might say but we are the 6th largest economy in the world and like it or not, as we go, you go.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Not to pee on everyone’s convertible top down parade but there was an announcement from the king of cali last week that should scare the living crap out of everyone in the US. It’s only Ca you might say but we are the 6th largest economy in the world and like it or not, as we go, you go.
Can you elaborate?

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Marijuana stocks haven't done well since at least last fall. Formerly at $300 stock, Tilray looks interesting if it can stay above 10 and make it over 23.
https://www.investors.com/news/marijuana-stocks-good-buy/

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Not necessarily. With proper homework you can tell which ones are more than appropriate and very desirable to buy near the all time highs.
Really. Scotts has an interesting chart pattern as an usually strong stock. From its first dive with the market it came back strong and set a new high in early March and then dove again with with rest of the market. Later on April 27, it wasn't a bad time to buy when it resumed setting new highs and has continued doing so fairly regularly since. It gave off its first strong buy signal back on Jan. 29 at around $115 when it set its first all time high since August. Now at around $150. Its dividend isn't so great now. I'm no genius, since I don't want to spend time pouring over stock charts every day, but wouldn't be surprised at least some people make money who do.

Maybe Lowes and Home Depot are selling a lot of Miracle Gro. More people have time to garden.

Last edited: