The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
While I agree with this and am more of a steady, Boglehead type of investor, it just seems to make sense to lock in prices now and buy back in at a lower price point.
If you decide to do this, keep the bond fund. Interest rates will take longer to recover. No shame in having a bit of a safety net.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
J. P. Morgan stock down $3, will win. Tesla up $130 today, winning. Zoom up $64 today, winning.

Instead of being as insufferable ass 99% of the time, you might take time and read what people (not me) who know more than you write in this thread and learn something. (if possible)
I’m only insufferable to you and a couple of others. But your hatred has spread to others I’ve never even spoken to. Thanks a lot?

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Don't think so. Anyone capable of right reason recognizes your're a 24/7 a$$hole irrespective of any other stimulus.
Gee, and I was going to respect your authority and ask a question, but it’s clear there is so much hate in you why waste the time and just submit myself to more churlish insults. Have a nice day.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Gee, and I was going to respect your authority and ask a question, but it’s clear there is so much hate in you why waste the time and just submit myself to more churlish insults. Have a nice day.
I have no authority. I addressed your "churlish" (and ignorant) bit of snark about the investments I exposed. Enjoy your serving of crow for breakfast.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
J. P. Morgan stock down $3, will win. Tesla up $130 today, winning. Zoom up $64 today, winning.

Instead of being as insufferable ass 99% of the time, you might take time and read what people (not me) who know more than you write in this thread and learn something. (if possible)
I’m only insufferable to you and a couple of others. But your hatred has spread to others I’ve never even spoken to. Thanks a lot?
I've seen you be rude and condescending to others just because they disagree with you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I've seen you be rude and condescending to others just because they disagree with you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I usually only strike when struck. But if I attacked you unnecessarily sorry. I come in and within moments am attacked. There seems to be NO free speech in here unless it’s far right or really far right.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Just to explain my thinking on JP Morgan, (please comment if I was wrong) I had a position at $125 a share. I bought at $95, doubling my position to lower my cost basis $15 a share. Seemed like a good idea at the time since I won't pay taxes on the difference until (if) I sell. Any thoughts/advice?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I usually only strike when struck. But if I attacked you unnecessarily sorry. I come in and within moments am attacked. There seems to be NO free speech in here unless it’s far right or really far right.
The lambasting is equal fro both lefties and righties...I know this first hand. If you are an independent thinker...forget about it.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You can’t name 5 lefties in here lol.
Depends on how you define it...I would say MANY if not MOST are far left of me...the main poster in this thread considers himself independent, but he's most certainly a leftist at least on this topic. So do many many others in this thread.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Depends on how you define it...I would say MANY if not MOST are far left of me...the main poster in this thread considers himself independent, but he's most certainly a leftist at least on this topic. So do many many others in this thread.
ROFL

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
You have attacked individuals in the most personal ways imaginable, and were banned for doxxing a member. The very last individual who should be playing victim is YOU!

Oct 30, 2007
The Dow has now bounced 23% off its low Monday. It will be interesting to see if the V-bottom holds, or if we retest the lows as terrible economic data rolls in over the next few weeks.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
The Dow has now bounced 23% off its low Monday. It will be interesting to see if the V-bottom holds, or if we retest the lows as terrible economic data rolls in over the next few weeks.
I still think that the rebound reflects a best case scenario for virus recovery. Still probably more downside volatility ahead. This jobs scenario was probably priced into the first two weeks or so of the plunge.