The Mandalorian

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Mando is amazing...the first two episodes of season 2 are both outstanding. It's just so well done, best thing on tv in years.
My wife and I talked another couple we know into watching it. We lent them our Disney + log in just so they could watch it. They are very intellectual couple who had never seen ANYTHING Star Wars related. Mandalorian was just so good we knew it would get them into Star Wars.

After Season 1 they went back and watch every single Star Wars thing produced in chronological order according to the Time Line. They finished all of that between season 1 and season 2 and them and their kids are now huge fans. They actually called my wife last week to thank them for introducing them to the entire franchise and helping them to understand how all things Star Wars had impacted science, technology, and popular culture.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
My wife and I talked another couple we know into watching it. We lent them our Disney + log in just so they could watch it. They are very intellectual couple who had never seen ANYTHING Star Wars related. Mandalorian was just so good we knew it would get them into Star Wars.

After Season 1 they went back and watch every single Star Wars thing produced in chronological order according to the Time Line. They finished all of that between season 1 and season 2 and them and their kids are now huge fans. They actually called my wife last week to thank them for introducing them to the entire franchise and helping them to understand how all things Star Wars had impacted science, technology, and popular culture.
I'm was one of those kids who the first movie they saw that wasn't a cartoon in the theater was the original Star Wars...been hooked every since. We had our immediate family parties at Christmas time around the release of the new trilogy...which, btw, isn't nearly as good as The Mandolorian. This is how Star Wars was meant to be done...in a series.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
My brother got me into our local theatre in Clinton to see the first movie. Was hooked. My wife has had vague knowledge and had watched some of the movies. She didn't watch season 1 until about a month ago. Ended up binging it and is now awaiting each episode of season 2 with my sons and I.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
That was alot of fun. Mandalorian is single handidly saving the star wars universe. Its not only adding context to the sequels, but it is also building the lore and universe for other tv series/movies/single stories. Its not perfect and its tropey, but it is perfect timing for star wars at this moment.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
BTW Pedro Pascal is already trained in the spear/staff from his time as "The Red Viper" from game of thrones. I'm expecting a masterful performance when he fights the dark saber weilding moff gideon
he's also trained to get his skull crushed if he talks too much from the same.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I agree with my son on this:

I didn't like the face swap for Luke. Wish they had gone with Sebastian Stan.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I agree with my son on this:

I didn't like the face swap for Luke. Wish they had gone with Sebastian Stan.

I think if they were to make an after return of the jedi TV series or movie for Luke, that they would definitely cast him as a real person. But for this one scene I didn't really mind it since we finally got to see Luke being a jedi master.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Not exactly show related, but a YouTube channel I follow made their own version of the final scene with Luke. While it's still not perfect, WOW.
https://youtu.be/861gfPVmgdc