The Mandalorian

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 3, 2019
Stillwater, Ok
Well this baby Yoda thing is 50 years old. How much of a bad ass was Yoda..and how fast do they grow from 50-100? Yoda once told Luke he had been training Jedi for 800 years right before the Battle of Endor and achieved the rank of Jedi Master right around the age of 100

@wrenhal Yaddle died about 26 years prior to the battle of Yavin at the age of 436

Apparently in the new Star Wars video game there is a character who is telling the story of a legendary Jedi who he was told stories about growing up. The game is set about 15 years before the Battle for Yavin. The char name in the game is Greez Dritus and he said this legendary Jedi was green with pointy ears. Another char in the game ask if he is speaking about Yoda and he responded he was speaking about Yaddle

Wonder if this is the child of Yoda and Yaddle ? They served on the Jedi council together. The time line fits. The Mandalorian is set 5 years after Return of the Jedi.
The real reason Yoda went into hiding on Dagobah. To escape Child Support payments.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Sadly, I have to admit that I'm WANTING to like it more than I actually am... The production quality is obviously great but the story just isn't pulling my in like other shows. I feel like the episodes are way too short to make them have any real value. 30min just isn't long enough of an episode for this type of show. It's fine for sitcoms and the like, but action/drama shows really need to be longer IMO. Literally every show I watch (on Netflix or on TV) that's not a sitcom is a 1-hr format (45+ minute run time).
That is my complaint as well....too short. But I will let it slide since this was their first go at a live action Star Wars show, they probably wanted to see how successful it would be.

Well

Is this really just a dream?
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah agreed too short. Although within a 30 minute time frame the show does move, and easy to rewatch. Also, wanna see more baby Yoda doing force stuff. That little nipper could have some fun. Had to rewatch 5, that ending was interesting.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
The show is getting better and better. I can't wait to see where it goes.

I personally think he's NOT a clone, but the child of Yoda and Yaddle. I mean, the timing it the same (if the baby is 50 years ago) as when Episode I started. The baby is about the same age as Anakin.

All that said... NINE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I *HATED* The Last Jedi but I think JJ can turn that crap show into something special with Ep. 9. Sad thing is, I have to wait until December 29th to see it. My oldest won't be in from Boston until after the opening and that's the first I could get tickets to the IMAX in Moore.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The show is getting better and better. I can't wait to see where it goes.

I personally think he's NOT a clone, but the child of Yoda and Yaddle. I mean, the timing it the same (if the baby is 50 years ago) as when Episode I started. The baby is about the same age as Anakin.

All that said... NINE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I *HATED* The Last Jedi but I think JJ can turn that crap show into something special with Ep. 9. Sad thing is, I have to wait until December 29th to see it. My oldest won't be in from Boston until after the opening and that's the first I could get tickets to the IMAX in Moore.
I'm gonna try to go opening day.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Just want to say I was much more pleased with this last episode than the ones before it. Also, I laughed my butt off when they cracked a jar-jar joke. lol

One thing that has remain unchanged for me is how impressed I am with the actor that plays Mando. His ability to act and show thought and emotion with a mask on the entire time is just flat out impressive.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Just want to say I was much more pleased with this last episode than the ones before it. Also, I laughed my butt off when they cracked a jar-jar joke. lol

One thing that has remain unchanged for me is how impressed I am with the actor that plays Mando. His ability to act and show thought and emotion with a mask on the entire time is just flat out impressive.
Interesting piece of trivia. The person you see on screen as Mando hasn't always been the same actor. The lead actor who portrays him most of the time was actually under a contract on Broadway when they started filming. So in a couple of the early episodes it may be 1 of 3 people actually playing that part.

In the episode previous to this one. The person you saw playing Mando was actually John Wayne's Grandson and is the stunt double for the main char

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Loved 7...tbc...
Best one since 3...
that being said 6 was just...imho...meh at best.

first to worst IMHO

Bottomline, best tv series since tv series ended years back...very well made and acted.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

It's interesting how people can have completely different opinions on these things. I didn't like 6 because I felt it had too many new characters and ones that I felt didn't fit in. Seemed like they felt they needed to force one in to fill a time void in the plotline.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Loved 7...tbc...
Best one since 3...
that being said 6 was just...imho...meh at best.

first to worst IMHO

Bottomline, best tv series since tv series ended years back...very well made and acted.
Definitely liked 7.

Rx's lady got more screen time too AND got to show off her UFC moves! :D

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Was shocked by the ending. It was GOT level of shock. Did not think they would kill off a character like that and it really adds suspense to star wars that hasn't been there since the OG trilogy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Might not be dead though. You know how things are. Could have just shot the (can't spell their name) animal out from under him. I think he comes back with ig-11 to help rescue them all.

Last edited:

Well

Is this really just a dream?
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Night not be dead though. You know how things are. Could have just shot the (can't spell their name) animal out from under him. I think he comes back with ig-11 to help rescue them all.

That's interesting. I also thought he was dead. Also thought the kid would zap the land cruisers, but that didn't happen yet. Good call on the old man coming back with the droid to save the others. That would be rather fitting. Could also see the kid showing just how dangerous he can be.

Have a question however. Was reading above in this thread, and it was said that the Mandorlian is set 5 years after Return of the Jedi. If that's the case, then why do Mando and the others not know about the force? Wouldn't jedi's and the force be common knowledge?
When the kid repaired Carl Weathers arm, they all seemed stunned, like what just happened. And the old man making the statement that that explains what happened to Mando with the creature in an earlier episode. And obviously this new Empire person knows what the kid can do, but portrays it as if the others don't.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Was shocked by the ending. It was GOT level of shock. Did not think they would kill off a character like that and it really adds suspense to star wars that hasn't been there since the OG trilogy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, that was definitely an instance where my wife wasn't a fan of the weekly release format... Normally we would have watched another episode after that so we wouldn't end on a low note. lol

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Night not be dead though. You know how things are. Could have just shot the (can't spell their name) animal out from under him. I think he comes back with ig-11 to help rescue them all.

That's interesting. I also thought he was dead. Also thought the kid would zap the land cruisers, but that didn't happen yet. Good call on the old man coming back with the droid to save the others. That would be rather fitting. Could also see the kid showing just how dangerous he can be.

Have a question however. Was reading above in this thread, and it was said that the Mandorlian is set 5 years after Return of the Jedi. If that's the case, then why do Mando and the others not know about the force? Wouldn't jedi's and the force be common knowledge?
When the kid repaired Carl Weathers arm, they all seemed stunned, like what just happened. And the old man making the statement that that explains what happened to Mando with the creature in an earlier episode. And obviously this new Empire person knows what the kid can do, but portrays it as if the others don't.
It's even touched on in the force awakens. Rey and Finn believe it's religious mumbo jumbo and trickery. Han corrects them. The time of Jedi was a generation ago, before Episode IV. Everyone believes it wasn't real, they've never experienced the force themselves. What few Force sensitive there are at the time of Mando, are with Luke as he starts the new Jedi academy, or had been collected by the empire as inquisitors.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Is anyone not blocked by a bunch of people (like me) gonna start a TROS thread? Went and saw it this morning.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Is anyone not blocked by a bunch of people (like me) gonna start a TROS thread? Went and saw it this morning.

I'll do it.

I don't see them pulling a Glen here. I really expected the robot to do something here (and they might show that Mando was right not to trust him next week) but everyone is in deep doo doo right now.

Season 1 finale is next week so I don't think anyone is in serious danger but this is a pretty great setup.

My biggest gripe is the number of throwaway episode early but honestly that's a small gripe. The most memorable shows the last few years have been about almost every moment advancing the plot. Having half the season spent on character development and interesting side quests isn't a bad thing.

I have spoken.