The Mandalorian

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Well

Is this really just a dream?
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Btw, epsiodes 2 and 3 are even better, IMHO, than 1. Love it.
Agreed. I loved 3. Can't wait to see how this goes.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Not really a Star Wars nerd, but did watch Ep 1. It didn't really tickle my fancy. Listening to you guys though has peaked my interest. Going to watch the other episodes.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Btw, epsiodes 2 and 3 are even better, IMHO, than 1. Love it.
Agreed. I loved 3. Can't wait to see how this goes.

Not really a Star Wars nerd, but did watch Ep 1. It didn't really tickle my fancy. Listening to you guys though has peaked my interest. Going to watch the other episodes.
Give it a try. Think of it more like an old spaghetti Western instead of a space flick.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
I have a 55" Panasonic 3D plasma (1080p) that I've had since about 2010... The damn thing just won't die and until it does there's no way my wife will be cool with getting a new TV just because "4K"... Do you KNOW what it's like to walk past all those new display tv's year after year for nearly a decade?.. KNOWING you can't have it?!?! :(
A Panny plasma has a better depth of field and color than many TVs out there (my opinion).

It's a pity most people don't even realize how good of a picture that technology produced.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Who or what do we think the baby yodaoid is?
It's a youngling of the same race as Yoda. We only know about 2 of them in the entire star wars universe. Yoda and Yaddle. Both were on the Jedi council, so strong in the force. Apparently it's a characteristic of their race. Is it the child of Yoda and Yaddle? Don't know. They obviously live to be over 900 years old. Not sure where 50 years ours it in the timeline. It fits with the empire hunting Force sensitive children. They were experimenting with them and turning some into inquisitors...

It will be interesting to find out more. I expect some more of the main cast to join this week, so we'll have 4 full episodes for them to work together.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
It's a youngling of the same race as Yoda. We only know about 2 of them in the entire star wars universe. Yoda and Yaddle. Both were on the Jedi council, so strong in the force. Apparently it's a characteristic of their race. Is it the child of Yoda and Yaddle? Don't know. They obviously live to be over 900 years old. Not sure where 50 years ours it in the timeline. It fits with the empire hunting Force sensitive children. They were experimenting with them and turning some into inquisitors...

It will be interesting to find out more. I expect some more of the main cast to join this week, so we'll have 4 full episodes for them to work together.

Yoda clone.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Yoda clone.
Maybe Yoda was a clone..

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

50 years means it was "born" before Yoda died, so it can't be a one at a time thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

50 years means it was "born" before Yoda died, so it can't be a one at a time thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
But when did Yaddle die... Not sure.. anyway, I'm sure they are saving a reveal for the cliff hanger. I would.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
OK. Using the timeline in this video, 50 years is 9 years before Episode 1. That's about the same age as Anakin. That would mean Luke killed Anakin when he was 45. Then 5 years pass before the Mandalorian begins. This video also discusses the idea that he's a clone. After watching this I believe that no he's NOT a clone, and Dr. Pershing was trying to extract the necessary DNA to do cloning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBHpsuSyNP4

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Sadly, I have to admit that I'm WANTING to like it more than I actually am... The production quality is obviously great but the story just isn't pulling my in like other shows. I feel like the episodes are way too short to make them have any real value. 30min just isn't long enough of an episode for this type of show. It's fine for sitcoms and the like, but action/drama shows really need to be longer IMO. Literally every show I watch (on Netflix or on TV) that's not a sitcom is a 1-hr format (45+ minute run time).

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Well this baby Yoda thing is 50 years old. How much of a bad ass was Yoda..and how fast do they grow from 50-100? Yoda once told Luke he had been training Jedi for 800 years right before the Battle of Endor and achieved the rank of Jedi Master right around the age of 100

@wrenhal Yaddle died about 26 years prior to the battle of Yavin at the age of 436

Apparently in the new Star Wars video game there is a character who is telling the story of a legendary Jedi who he was told stories about growing up. The game is set about 15 years before the Battle for Yavin. The char name in the game is Greez Dritus and he said this legendary Jedi was green with pointy ears. Another char in the game ask if he is speaking about Yoda and he responded he was speaking about Yaddle

Wonder if this is the child of Yoda and Yaddle ? They served on the Jedi council together. The time line fits. The Mandalorian is set 5 years after Return of the Jedi.

Last edited: