The Mandalorian

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Still wanting to get the HULU/Disney/ESPN package deal and drop DirecTV but not sure how to go about it. :(

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Just get the monthly deal, only $7.
Actually I just read where I can get just Disney+ for free for the first year just for being a Verizon unlimited data plan customer.

Buuuut… I hate, detest... LOOOOATHE DirecTv and Cox and Dish... I'd like to finally cut the cable and be done with those gouging a-holes once and for all. I pay WAAAAYYYY TOO MUCH for what little I watch TV. :angry:

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Actually I just read where I can get just Disney+ for free for the first year just for being a Verizon unlimited data plan customer.

Buuuut… I hate, detest... LOOOOATHE DirecTv and Cox and Dish... I'd like to finally cut the cable and be done with those gouging a-holes once and for all. I pay WAAAAYYYY TOO MUCH for what little I watch TV. :angry:
I understand... I have Dish... and then I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, AT&T (cell and internet) and now Disney +

What's funny, people will cut their $100+ sat. bill and realize they are spending $150 in streaming services!

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I understand... I have Dish... and then I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, AT&T (cell and internet) and now Disney +

What's funny, people will cut their $100+ sat. bill and realize they are spending $150 in streaming services!
Something that Cord Cutters News site points out is how ridiculous the articles are that try to make cord cutting sound more expensive than cable/satellite. They set their argument around the basis that if you get rid of cable then you have to get high speed internet and Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Disney+, etc. They completely ignore the fact that a) no you don't (have to get all those streaming services, that's the glory of cord cutting, you get what you want and not what you don't) and b) you're likely already paying for those WITH your cable bill added on top! Anyone who even attempts to argue that cord cutting is more expensive than cable is either someone that doesn't know they're being lied to, someone that doesn't know what they're talking about or both.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Sorry, wasn't trying to side track the thread. I have a feeling we'll be signing up for this service after I get home from work. :D Not sure if my wife is going to be interested in this particular show or not (she likes star wars, but I'm not sure she's as excited about a series) but I definitely plan to watch. We're currently getting caught up on Vikings and she has a thing about watching more than 1 series at a time for some reason...

I currently have Hulu for $1/mo (promo they ran VERY briefly a while back, again found out through that Cord Cutting News site) so with that, standard ESPN+ and Disney+ I'll still be paying about what the combo price is. I'll have to wait until that Hulu promo is up before I can save any money with the bundle.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Just finished watching episode 1. This is very promising. I'm beginning to feel that the future of star wars is almost solely in tv series. This has me actually excited for seeing a continuation or sequel to something star wars. Up to this point nearly everything star wars that has been touched by disney has been absolute garbage.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Ep 1 was fantastic. Such high quality in 4k. Finally getting some of my money's worth out of my 4k TV because Netflix 4k content is pretty crap
I have a 55" Panasonic 3D plasma (1080p) that I've had since about 2010... The damn thing just won't die and until it does there's no way my wife will be cool with getting a new TV just because "4K"... Do you KNOW what it's like to walk past all those new display tv's year after year for nearly a decade?.. KNOWING you can't have it?!?! :(

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I have a 55" Panasonic 3D plasma (1080p) that I've had since about 2010... The damn thing just won't die and until it does there's no way my wife will be cool with getting a new TV just because "4K"... Do you KNOW what it's like to walk past all those new display tv's year after year for nearly a decade?.. KNOWING you can't have it?!?! :(
Umm why don't you just help it along with dying when you wife doesn't know...

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Umm why don't you just help it along with dying when you wife doesn't know...
This dang thing is probably the most reliable TV I've ever owned... had a chip get fried at about year 3 just outside warranty, paid for the $200 repair and have had zero issues since. No noise, no burn in, nothin... lol

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Ep 1 was fantastic. Such high quality in 4k. Finally getting some of my money's worth out of my 4k TV because Netflix 4k content is pretty crap
I have a 65" Mitsubishi rear projection dlp. Replaced the lamp a couple of times, the ballast, and the dlp chip. Considering someone gave it to me, I'm fine for now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Just finished watching episode 1. This is very promising. I'm beginning to feel that the future of star wars is almost solely in tv series. This has me actually excited for seeing a continuation or sequel to something star wars. Up to this point nearly everything star wars that has been touched by disney has been absolute garbage.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I agree with you on the garbage quote, other than Rogue One. I LOVED R1, reminded me of the old school movies. Then last 2 minutes is the most epic 2 minutes in Star Wars movie history. TFA, TLJ (worst movie made in 20 years) and Solo were trash. Solo was 'so-so', the others, nah.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I currently have Hulu for $1/mo (promo they ran VERY briefly a while back, again found out through that Cord Cutting News site) so with that, standard ESPN+ and Disney+ I'll still be paying about what the combo price is. I'll have to wait until that Hulu promo is up before I can save any money with the bundle.
I have the Hulu promo as well. I'm paying month to month for ESPN and Disney until the Hulu promo expires and then I'm gonna bundle. My Hulu rate expires at the end of the year so I'm saving $2 waiting to do this-odds are I'm gonna forget and end up paying full price for Hulu for a month but I gotta milk that introductory price for all its worth.

I have spoken.