The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley (2019) | Official Trailer | HBO

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
As I watched that I kept wondering, "would she have been able to get away with what she did for so long if she had been a man?" But then I thought, Bernie Madoff, so, yeah, probably. People are really gullible and when they want to believe, they believe.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
It was a good watch and makes you wonder the number of other startups in Silicon Valley with hundreds of millions in investments and no proven product. She was a charmer, but completely delusional.

Aug 16, 2012
It was a good watch and makes you wonder the number of other startups in Silicon Valley with hundreds of millions in investments and no proven product. She was a charmer, but completely delusional.
The difference is, others have ideas to develop. She was a fraud, knew it from the onset, and ran with it until she got caught.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
The difference is, others have ideas to develop. She was a fraud, knew it from the onset, and ran with it until she got caught.
It's hard to tell whether or not she actually was close to something or was making it up the entire time. If she was making it up, she was going down no matter who she put around her. The odd part was her continuing to deny the false claims despite everyone saying it was all a sham.

They say 75% of VC backed startups fail, so there must be something to the "fake it til you make it" mentality.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
It's hard to tell whether or not she actually was close to something or was making it up the entire time. If she was making it up, she was going down no matter who she put around her. The odd part was her continuing to deny the false claims despite everyone saying it was all a sham.

They say 75% of VC backed startups fail, so there must be something to the "fake it til you make it" mentality.
She was never close to anything. It just isn't possible. The different tests require different types of analyses, and you can't put that all in a single small box. Laws of physics, thermodynamics, chemistry etc. and all.

Without question she was a media darling because she was a young, blonde-haired, blue-eyed (contacts?), woman.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
She was never close to anything. It just isn't possible. The different tests require different types of analyses, and you can't put that all in a single small box. Laws of physics, thermodynamics, chemistry etc. and all.

Without question she was a media darling because she was a young, blonde-haired, blue-eyed (contacts?), woman.
I know her college professor told her it was impossible from the beginning and, as you saw in the documentary, was not her biggest fan. You heard the statement from one of the lab techs that they needed a larger box, but she wouldn't budge. You would have to assume they were able to make some of the tests work or else the hundreds of employees working years on the project would have leaked the info earlier. Is testing with such a small sample of blood the limiting factor or simply the size of the box?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I know her college professor told her it was impossible from the beginning and, as you saw in the documentary, was not her biggest fan. You heard the statement from one of the lab techs that they needed a larger box, but she wouldn't budge. You would have to assume they were able to make some of the tests work or else the hundreds of employees working years on the project would have leaked the info earlier. Is testing with such a small sample of blood the limiting factor or simply the size of the box?
Well, both.