The intelligence coup of the century

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
This was behind the pay wall at The Washington Post, but free on MSN, I can't c&P any of it but it's a long interesting story: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...rsaries/ar-BBZS3da?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=spartandhp

For more than 50 years most of the world's government's relied on a single Swiss company to keep their communications with soldiers, spies and diplomats secret. The company was owned by the CIA and German BND.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
This was behind the pay wall at The Washington Post, but free on MSN, I can't c&P any of it but it's a long interesting story: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...rsaries/ar-BBZS3da?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=spartandhp

For more than 50 years most of the world's government's relied on a single Swiss company to keep their communications with soldiers, spies and diplomats secret. The company was owned by the CIA and German BND.
My shocked face
227B646E-1CE5-4912-985E-4D78A29106E6.jpeg

A few years back there was a discussion here about conspiracy theories, regardless of proof many disregarded them. This goes beyond anything I could have imagined and certainly causes you to wonder on a number of events; what did we know & when did we know it.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I know DOD and the IC will act as venture capital and invest in promising startups, I guess Cryto was the beginning.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
My shocked face
View attachment 77495
A few years back there was a discussion here about conspiracy theories, regardless of proof many disregarded them. This goes beyond anything I could have imagined and certainly causes you to wonder on a number of events; what did we know & when did we know it.
I've thrown FOIA documents on here and had some posters tell me to stop posting conspiracy theories cause they really didn't like what they said. God forbid you post something from wikileaks on here, despite the fact everyone involved admits everything he's published is real people still scream it's conspiracy.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I've thrown FOIA documents on here and had some posters tell me to stop posting conspiracy theories cause they really didn't like what they said. God forbid you post something from wikileaks on here, despite the fact everyone involved admits everything he's published is real people still scream it's conspiracy.
The Crypto story confirms my theory that some conspiracies are not only true, they are likely more far out than we might believe.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
What this and many of the other, since proven, conspiracies call into question for me is, who is the CIA loyal to, it doesn’t appear to be the gvt and it damned sure ain’t us.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
What this and many of the other, since proven, conspiracies call into question for me is, who is the CIA loyal to, it doesn’t appear to be the gvt and it damned sure ain’t us.
It all comes back to the flat earth theory when you are talking about conspiracy theories. That is the greatest conspiracy off all time.

Started out a group of people said the government had people that would jump in and warp any conspiracy that was based in some sort of truth so we the people should question everything. Gave it a very low hanging fruit name. Flat Earth Theory, within 90 days people jumped in and twisted it into what it has become. Thus proving what they were originally trying to prove. There are people out there that intentionally warp conspiracy theories that are based on truth. Unfortunately the warping of that one was so complete and fast most people don't even know what it is about.