The Gundy 13 vs. The Other 91

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Are you new? Don't you know that @Kev_Dawg's feelings are more valid than stats? Please don't bring stats or other tangible evidence up when stating your opinions, because they have no merit.
How about the facts presented in Post #35? Or the fact that Boone's money came in at the same time as Gundy? Do those facts have merit?

Dec 6, 2013
Correct. Nothing shouts maturity and leadership like a good shit fit. 15 year old girl style. A temper tantrum followed by a good soul cleansing cry. That is likely the only thing that will save his job at this point.
It's football, Gundy is not the district attorney.

You're trying too hard.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
It has nothing to do with putting on the knight armor to defend ethics. I am sick and tired of this complacent philosophy. If you argue against it you get met with ancient 20th century doormat season records from 50 years ago before Boone made his donations and the infrastructure was turned around. Yes that sucked and I am glad with what has happened this century so far. However, it is now 2018. Expectations change.

Also, you are wrong regarding the clan/groupie assertion. Open your eyes and look around. There are a lot more people out there that think like me, than the complacent mentality. There's one relatively minor group on this forum that share your viewpoint. The rest, who may not post as much and aren't A/V, share my viewpoint. And if you look around outside of Orange Power, it's even more in favor of my viewpoint. There's a ton of people out there that seriously want Gundy fired right now, and I don't think I've seen any of them on this forum. There is more to the world than this internet forum.
Who would you replace Gundy with? Another Les Miles type for four or five seasons? Or do you believe since Boones money, we're now a perennial power program that coaches are drooling to come to?

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Who would you replace Gundy with? Another Les Miles type for four or five seasons? Or do you believe since Boones money, we're now a perennial power program that coaches are drooling to come to?
We could replace gundy with good revolving door and it would coach better than him this season.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
The ones crying for Gundy to leave/ be fired are doing exactly what you rail against. You say there's nothing wrong with having different expectations for a coach. Well, why are all the ones who believe there is more at play here than "complacency" and "ineptitude" told that their opinions don't matter. Instead of discussion, some of you back the ones :runaway:and cry "sunshine pumper" be quiet. We'd like to see change as well but, hold the opinion that it can be found without cleaning house. Gundy tried the fiery, pitch a fit type leadership and it did nothing to serve the one he was trying to help. He's said before how his own actions have served to bring more maturity to his method of molding young men. None of you know what is truly wrong with this team. Maybe they do need someone to be fired up and lead the team but, what if that leadership needs to come from a teammate. What if the fix is to find a new OC but, instead, a bunch of mouths runneth over and we lose recruits or key players leave before that decision can be made. Let's talk about what could be wrong with the team...sure. But, slow your blubbering how y'all are the true fans of the University and will exact change at a whim.
Also, never assume...'cause you know what they say about doing that. The term "silent majority" exists for a reason. Rational people understand how the world actually works. You know, the rational part of the world and sitting around basking in the glow of your "hot takes" isn't going to get us anywhere.
I can tell you this much: Go on Robert Allen's ball-sloshing blog a few years ago, basically everybody was pro-Gundy. There were maybe a few murmurs here and there about play calling, but not outright "Gundy has to go" talk. Go on there now? The needle has clearly moved. There are people now *truly* questioning if Gundy is the right fit for the foreseeable future.

Go on OSU's Facebook pages, you can see the same. I remember after the K-State loss last season, people were explicitly calling for Gundy to be fired. One idiot even said "alright Holder, let's go out and get Saban". I told the guy to put his bourbon down (I call him an idiot for suggesting we could get Saban, not for wanting to fire Gundy). Now, to be fair, the post was also showered with the typical "I bleed orange and black and love my Cowboys through thick and thin" and other generic horseshit comments that are so frustrating to read. There's also always the chud that has to remind everyone that "the players read this stuff". Well...THEY SHOULD. They should know how we truly feel. Because our coach doesn't let them know, evidently.

All I'm saying is, this is a growing sentiment. And I can tell you where it mainly came from, is Gundy's inability to consistently beat OU. That's where a lot of this is borne from.

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I can tell you this much: Go on Robert Allen's ball-sloshing blog a few years ago, basically everybody was pro-Gundy. There were maybe a few murmurs here and there about play calling, but not outright "Gundy has to go" talk. Go on there now? The needle has clearly moved. There are people now *truly* questioning if Gundy is the right fit for the foreseeable future.

Go on OSU's Facebook pages, you can see the same. I remember after the K-State loss last season, people were explicitly calling for Gundy to be fired. One idiot even said "alright Holder, let's go out and get Saban". I told the guy to put his bourbon down (I call him an idiot for suggesting we could get Saban, not for wanting to fire Gundy). Now, to be fair, the post was also showered with the typical "I bleed orange and black and love my Cowboys through thick and thin" and other generic horseshit comments that are so frustrating to read. There's also always the chud that has to remind everyone that "the players read this stuff". Well...THEY SHOULD. They should know how we truly feel. Because our coach doesn't let them know, evidently.

All I'm saying is, this is a growing sentiment. And I can tell you where it mainly came from, is Gundy's inability to consistently beat OU. That's where a lot of this is borne from.
so, we all got to hear about your lame ass trip to Happy Valley, and now about how you were clowning people like a savage on facebook over ball sloshing......... don't know about you guys, but i can't wait for the next tale

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
It has nothing to do with putting on the knight armor to defend ethics. I am sick and tired of this complacent philosophy. If you argue against it you get met with ancient 20th century doormat season records from 50 years ago before Boone made his donations and the infrastructure was turned around. Yes that sucked and I am glad with what has happened this century so far. However, it is now 2018. Expectations change.

Also, you are wrong regarding the clan/groupie assertion. Open your eyes and look around. There are a lot more people out there that think like me, than the complacent mentality. There's one relatively minor group on this forum that share your viewpoint. The rest, who may not post as much and aren't A/V, share my viewpoint. And if you look around outside of Orange Power, it's even more in favor of my viewpoint. There's a ton of people out there that seriously want Gundy fired right now, and I don't think I've seen any of them on this forum. There is more to the world than this internet forum.
A ton? lol maybe the 25% that stopped buying 1 tag and started buying another. Is one of them you, dawg?
FB_IMG_1539712174744.jpg

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
so, we all got to hear about your lame ass trip to Happy Valley, and now about how you were clowning people like a savage on facebook over ball sloshing......... don't know about you guys, but i can't wait for the next tale
"Cro", I really have to admit, you really changed my mind with that response. A very hard-hitting response, to be fair. What you actually changed my mind about, though, escapes me...

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Many of our fans are simply ok with losing. With that mindset, they are fine with Gundy, because he also seems ok with losing. All because we weren't very good for a long time. Its such a defeatist mindset.
Dude...we ARE NOT ok with losing...that's why we don't want to fire Gundy...no one, especially Mike Gundy, is fine with losing.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Dude...we ARE NOT ok with losing...that's why we don't want to fire Gundy...no one, especially Mike Gundy, is fine with losing.
Haven't you heard, he doesn't care about winning or try to win? Either believe that or you love being a loser.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Go on there in 2014...it's the same drivel. Most of us fans don't really know squat about the program, we just know what happens on Saturdays.

Last edited:

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Gundy has unquestionably improved our program, but this is likely the weakest stat to use. Gundy has been our only coach during the 12 game format. Except for his first year, hes been able to schedule an extra cupcake relative to the era prior to him. Prior to that, such as our 1945 "championship", teams didn't even play 10 games. Under the old format, Gundy would have two seasons with 10 or more wins. The only stat that gives a decent comparison is win percentage, which he has clearly improved, but the 10 win thing is completely unhelpful.
What about 11 and 12 win seasons? Are those unhelpful as well...Oh...he has the only 2 of those in our entire history as well...my bad.

Last edited:

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
We will see against Texas how bad Gundy truly wants to win. If we don’t see much change then the complacency will show.
Gundy's even Steven look is frustrating at times, but I would bet he's very competitive and losses eat at him more than he is willing to show.