The Greatest Showman

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SKC

Deputy
Apr 1, 2007
Prosper, TX
While it's not 100% factually correct, The Greatest Showman was a really fun movie. All 5 of us (from my 7 year old on up) really enjoyed it.

If you're not aware, it follows PT Barnum from childhood (briefly) to the beginnings of his museum, his circus, and things along the way. Even though it's a musical, there's still quite a bit of spoken word, so even if musicals are your "deal", it's still good.

The soundtrack is very catchy.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
While it's not 100% factually correct, The Greatest Showman was a really fun movie. All 5 of us (from my 7 year old on up) really enjoyed it.

If you're not aware, it follows PT Barnum from childhood (briefly) to the beginnings of his museum, his circus, and things along the way. Even though it's a musical, there's still quite a bit of spoken word, so even if musicals are your "deal", it's still good.

The soundtrack is very catchy.
Is it even 50% factual?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Is it even 50% factual?
They painted over the womanizing and cheating on his wife aspect of PT Barnum in the glossy, shine they could and his exploitation of "freaks"

It was HIGHLY entertaining flick, but I don't think it should be looked at as any type commentary on Barnum and his character himself.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
They painted over the womanizing and cheating on his wife aspect of PT Barnum in the glossy, shine they could and his exploitation of "freaks"

It was HIGHLY entertaining flick, but I don't think it should be looked at as any type commentary on Barnum and his character himself.
What little verifying I did it seems they got his name right, there was a fire, he did have an unusual show and attracted lots of attention. Not sure what else was factual?