The Framing of Joe Paterno

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I didn't click around the site very much. It was proven that some of the board of Penn State knew about Sandusky and were either complacent or tried to cover the whole thing up.

The whole problem stems from the absolute power the football program is/was at Penn State. Jerry Sandusky's charity was interlaced so deep at the University that the two entities were inseperable.

I believe that Joe Paterno knew something wasn't right and was told something wasn't right. I don't think he is a complete monster but as basically the face and "president" of that university he didn't do enough. Through indifference and/or apathy, he sealed his own fate. He was basically erased from that University and it destroyed his legacy there.

What John Ziegler doesn't get is that it was child rape. I'm sorry, but anything tainted with child rape should be erased from the University and you need to move on. You can't think of Joe Paterno without thinking about child rape. That is why you take down the statues and take down the history. It is all tainted with it.

Don't quote me here, but I believe that Penn State Alumnus have traditionally been pretty conservative so the distrust of the media doesn't surprise me one bit. But to be fair to conservatives, Penn State is one of those cult like schools, kind of like Baylor so it doesn't surprise me why lost there freaking minds.

Personally, looking back at the whole Eddie situation (which in no way compares to this situation), I think Eddie, the school, the alumnus and the students handled that situation with class and dignity. I just provided as an example of how to handle a situation and that most collegate sports are not cults.

Even Switzer proved that you can comeback from steroids, playing players, cocaine parties and other shenanigans.

You can't come back from child rape.

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2012

Okieleaks

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Mar 19, 2017
It's the Economy Stupid!
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I didn't click around the site very much. It was proven that some of the board of Penn State knew about Sandusky and were either complacent or tried to cover the whole thing up.

The whole problem stems from the absolute power the football program is/was at Penn State. Jerry Sandusky's charity was interlaced so deep at the University that the two entities were inseperable.

I believe that Joe Paterno knew something wasn't right and was told something wasn't right. I don't think he is a complete monster but as basically the face and "president" of that university he didn't do enough. Through indifference and/or apathy, he sealed his own fate. He was basically erased from that University and it destroyed his legacy there.

What John Ziegler doesn't get is that it was child rape. I'm sorry, but anything tainted with child rape should be erased from the University and you need to move on. You can't think of Joe Paterno without thinking about child rape. That is why you take down the statues and take down the history. It is all tainted with it.

Don't quote me here, but I believe that Penn State Alumnus have traditionally been pretty conservative so the distrust of the media doesn't surprise me one bit. But to be fair to conservatives, Penn State is one of those cult like schools, kind of like Baylor so it doesn't surprise me why lost there freaking minds.

Personally, looking back at the whole Eddie situation (which in no way compares to this situation), I think Eddie, the school, the alumnus and the students handled that situation with class and dignity. I just provided as an example of how to handle a situation and that most collegate sports are not cults.

Even Switzer proved that you can comeback from steroids, playing players, cocaine parties and other shenanigans.

You can't come back from child rape.
Michigan State looks like they might skate on the child rape, Baylor continues to get by with tape and murder