the ESPN + thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
I run the ESPN app through my Roku and have had very few problems. I had no issues during the last game and only missed the one field goal this evening. I don’t like the fact that it surely limits viewers, but I can live with it.

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
So, can I cancel ESPN+ now? Until basketball season at least. It might make me feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely a "Not Ready for Primetime" product with multiple reloads required and usually at critical junctures of the game. Yeah, it was "only $4.99" and it's just another overpromised & underdelivered experience. I've got to remember to get the cancellation done so they don't ding my PayPal again next month.

ETA: Cancellation completed - they sure don't make that easy to find, hidden in the FAQ list.

Last edited:

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Definitely a "Not Ready for Primetime" product with multiple reloads required and usually at critical junctures of the game. Yeah, it was "only $4.99" and it's just another overpromised & underdelivered experience. I've got to remember to get the cancellation done so they don't ding my PayPal again next month.
No first down yellow line early, only a distant shot of the field after storm delay, unbelievable number of commercials many of which began before our PAT attempts. No way to backup or record. ESPN+ sux.

Feb 25, 2008
Checked into setting it up for my 83 year old mother on her TV that is much smarter than she is. I couldn't just do it through the TV, would have had to go on a computer and set up payment through Google wallet (according to the screen info). I don't want her to have easy access (google wallet set up) to accidentally get charged for many other things and it looked like too much a problem for her being an old fogie and me getting there and just wanting it simple like part of the cable bill - or at least where I could type in a credit card number on the app and be done with it. Since I wasn't going to be in the house with her during the game I doubted her ability/memory of how to go from "regular TV" to the ESPN+ app to even be able to watch it. Took her a long time to figure out NETFLICK (yes she calls it that and I can't convince her of the right way to pronounce it). New stuff is going to eliminate the old fogies from being able to watch the games.

kadune

Bitching about grad school
A/V Subscriber
Oct 4, 2008
CoMo
I stream everything, other than local TV, on firestick. Other than the post-weather delay I didn’t think it was that bad. Now Fox Sports is BAD...
Fox Sports has made their streaming worse now that they stopped supporting the FoxSportsGo App. Can't cast to devices from the app. First week I could cast from my TV, but last week or the week before I tried it again and it wouldn't locate the device.

Jul 8, 2006
norman
Checked into setting it up for my 83 year old mother on her TV that is much smarter than she is. I couldn't just do it through the TV, would have had to go on a computer and set up payment through Google wallet (according to the screen info). I don't want her to have easy access (google wallet set up) to accidentally get charged for many other things and it looked like too much a problem for her being an old fogie and me getting there and just wanting it simple like part of the cable bill - or at least where I could type in a credit card number on the app and be done with it. Since I wasn't going to be in the house with her during the game I doubted her ability/memory of how to go from "regular TV" to the ESPN+ app to even be able to watch it. Took her a long time to figure out NETFLICK (yes she calls it that and I can't convince her of the right way to pronounce it). New stuff is going to eliminate the old fogies from being able to watch the games.
Damn dude that's pretty harsh to talk about your 83 year old Mother that way. My Mom is 79 and has the same problems memory wise or technology stuff as well. You'll be that age someday and be in the same boat. I'm 53 and have a hard time figuring this stuff out sometimes.....

Feb 25, 2008
Damn dude that's pretty harsh to talk about your 83 year old Mother that way. My Mom is 79 and has the same problems memory wise or technology stuff as well. You'll be that age someday and be in the same boat. I'm 53 and have a hard time figuring this stuff out sometimes.....
I'd tell it to her directly - but she wouldn't hear, understand or remember it ;)

Anyway, I did include myself in the "and me getting there" part.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I'd tell it to her directly - but she wouldn't hear, understand or remember it ;)

Then you could do anything

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I guess I have much lower expectations than most of you bc the only thing that stuck out to me was the feed getting dropped before one of our field goals... Maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention?... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I guess I have much lower expectations than most of you bc the only thing that stuck out to me was the feed getting dropped before one of our field goals... Maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention?... Lol

And the camera men not going back when the game started after the delay

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

And the camera men not going back when the game started after the delay

Ah. I missed that while putting my kid to bed.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Just glad I was fortunate enough to be able to attend and not have to deal with the turd called ESPN+. K-State board was killing them for their coverage as well.

Just curious, because of all of the dropped coverage and streaming issues, has anyone tried getting a refund yet?

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Just glad I was fortunate enough to be able to attend and not have to deal with the turd called ESPN+. K-State board was killing them for their coverage as well.

Just curious, because of all of the dropped coverage and streaming issues, has anyone tried getting a refund yet?
We never had any drops, but we are on a gigabit fiber connection to the internet. However, the production crew not being ready when the game resumed is inexcusable. Not sure who's responsibility it is but those camera operators are free-lancers that make $200K+ per year and should be immaculate professionals.