the ESPN + thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
First, I think it is ridiculous that one of the early Big 12 marquee games is on ESPN+. Second, is there a way to stream ESPN+ on a smart TV, or am I relegated to watching on my laptop again?
If you can't install the ESPN+app on your TV then use an HDMI cable to plug your laptop into the TV.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
First, I think it is ridiculous that one of the early Big 12 marquee games is on ESPN+. Second, is there a way to stream ESPN+ on a smart TV, or am I relegated to watching on my laptop again?
If you have an Xbox you can stream it from there. I did that for McNeese game and it was pretty good.

Oct 30, 2007
of course you can watch it on a smart tv, this is 2019. And everyone complaining about paying $4.99 a month for ESPN + are being beyond ridiculous
Leave me alone. I'll complain if i want to. :D

I pay for the sports package through Suddenlink, and it includes the SEC, ACC, Big 10, & Pac 12 networks. It really sucks that we have to pay an extra fee to stream games through ESPN+. The Longhorns & Sooners really screwed the rest of the conference over back in the day.

Aug 31, 2013
I don't like it because out in the sticks where I live, internet service is spotty at best and the game buffers the entire time. I pay the $4.99 but I finally turned the McNeese game off because it buffered. Technology has not came to my part of the world yet. haha

Mar 30, 2005
Stillwater
Have to agree! Fans should not be forced to stream a game of this high a profile. Can I? Yes. Would I? Yes except in this case I will attend. Just sayin it should be more easily accessible to the public.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
At least its a night game...it's been a brutal September so far...hope the weather eases up by then. IF we win Saturday...networks and espn main are going to miss out on two top 25 teams with undefeated records...moronic.
This is ESPN basically saying they don't think we have a chance to beat Texas, all the more reason to want to do it (as if we needed it). Oh well, I'll be at the KSU game so doesn't really matter to me....although I will be curious to see what games are aired on the ESPN networks that night....especially if we beat UT.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I cast it on my phone to my tv. I. An old geezer I’ll never complain about paying a few bucks to watch my team. I can remember when you couldn’t watch them no matter what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 7, 2006
This is ESPN basically saying they don't think we have a chance to beat Texas, all the more reason to want to do it (as if we needed it). Oh well, I'll be at the KSU game so doesn't really matter to me....although I will be curious to see what games are aired on the ESPN networks that night....especially if we beat UT.
It's ESPN trying to get more subscribers out of two of the four(OSU, KSU, KU, BU) schools that have already transitioned to providing content for ESPN+. They know there will be plenty of OSU and KSU fans who want to watch and will have to get a subscription to do so.

“In talking with our ESPN partners,” Burda wrote, “it was agreed there was an opportunity to continue growing the new Big 12 on ESPN+ platform in this first year. It was covered under ESPN’s core rights agreement, and ESPN decided to put it on ESPN+ as a way to continue growing Big 12 Now on ESPN+.”
In other words: ESPN thinks this game can boost its streaming subscriptions.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article235141522.html