the ESPN + thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The big 12 has the worst leadership among the power 5 conferences....by far. And it has been that way for some time. This deal is a big fat turd and Bowlsby just keeps trying to shine it up, trying to tell us how good it is while simultaneously indicating that it's not good enough for OU and Texas. Screw that.

We had better not have another game on ESPN+ unless it was not going to be televised anyway. I want this deal to fail for the same reason I want the LHN to fail...maybe then we can have a network like the other power 5 conferences. As such, not a dime of my money will go to this ...Dave and John are the best broadcasting crew in the business. I will be fine listening to them.

Nov 23, 2010
The big 12 has the worst leadership among the power 5 conferences....by far. And it has been that way for some time. This deal is a big fat turd and Bowlsby just keeps trying to shine it up, trying to tell us how good it is while simultaneously indicating that it's not good enough for OU and Texas. Screw that.

We had better not have another game on ESPN+ unless it was not going to be televised anyway. I want this deal to fail for the same reason I want the LHN to fail...maybe then we can have a network like the other power 5 conferences. As such, not a dime of my money will go to this ...Dave and John are the best broadcasting crew in the business. I will be fine listening to them.
There aren't nearly enough people in the Big 12 footprint to get a traditional network. It's far more likely that once OU and Texas' 3rd Tier rights agreements expire they'll be folded into ESPN+.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
There aren't nearly enough people in the Big 12 footprint to get a traditional network. It's far more likely that once OU and Texas' 3rd Tier rights agreements expire they'll be folded into ESPN+.
I agree with the "network" part; however things are changing. Once the OU and UT deals expire, the Big 12 can (and should) skip the network and do a web-based stream of conference games for all sports themselves charging a fee. Use the team announcers they already have. The rest of the technology is there. The networks hire independent camera men to work the games (I know one) and the Big 12 could do the same.

Traditional networks as we know them are a dying breed.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I agree with the "network" part; however things are changing. Once the OU and UT deals expire, the Big 12 can (and should) skip the network and do a web-based stream of conference games for all sports themselves charging a fee. Use the team announcers they already have. The rest of the technology is there. The networks hire independent camera men to work the games (I know one) and the Big 12 could do the same.

Traditional networks as we know them are a dying breed.
Yeah, this seems like an attempt to get ahead of the curve. I’m sure the product will get better, but it sucks that they’re basically beta testing it on our conference football games.