The Daily Schadenfreude

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Thieves Tried To Siphon Petrol But They Sucked Out Sewage By Accident

They say that life is full of lessons, and many of us find that we are going from one lesson to the next. At times, they are relatively easy to learn but at other times, they can be a hard lesson, indeed. That was the case for some thieves who were trying to make a hasty retreat with some gas in Australia.

Apparently, they felt that they needed gas enough that they would go to a tour bus in the middle of the night and siphon out the tank. That’s exactly what they did, but when they started sucking on the siphon hose, they got more than what they bargained for.

It turns out, they put the siphon hose in the wrong place and instead of siphoning gas, they were siphoning straight out of the sewage tank!

An investigating police Sgt. had this to say.

“We can infer they [made] a very hasty retreat, with a somewhat bitter taste in their mouth.”

The police are still trying to track them down but they are probably not trying too hard. After all, they have already been punished enough!

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ter-beaten-death-california-prison/778125002/

Child molester beaten to death in California prison days after he arrived
USA Today NetworkAshley May, USA TODAY Published 10:29 a.m. ET July 12, 2018

Convicted Child Molester Slain By Fellow Inmate At California Prison

Authorities say a convicted child molester was beaten to death by another inmate just days after arriving at a California prison.

A convincted child molester was beaten to death at a California prison days after arriving, officials say.(Photo: chinaface, Getty Images/iStockphoto)

A convicted child molester was beaten to death by another inmate the same week he was booked at a California prison, officials say.

Wasco State Prison officials are investigating the death of Agustin Duran, 66, as a homicide, according to a Wednesday news release. Inmate Andres Ayon, 19, attacked Duran on Saturday night, punching him in the face and chest.

When Ayon refused to stop striking Duran, prison staff released a pepper spray grenade. Ayon then fell to the ground and cooperated. Staff handcuffed him and placed him in a temporary holding cell, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

An hour after the attack began, Duran was airlifted to a hospital. He died the next day. Ayon was treated for minor injuries and has been placed in a segregation unit while officials investigate the incident.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
A/V Subscriber
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ter-beaten-death-california-prison/778125002/

Child molester beaten to death in California prison days after he arrived
USA Today NetworkAshley May, USA TODAY Published 10:29 a.m. ET July 12, 2018

Convicted Child Molester Slain By Fellow Inmate At California Prison

Authorities say a convicted child molester was beaten to death by another inmate just days after arriving at a California prison.

A convincted child molester was beaten to death at a California prison days after arriving, officials say.(Photo: chinaface, Getty Images/iStockphoto)

A convicted child molester was beaten to death by another inmate the same week he was booked at a California prison, officials say.

Wasco State Prison officials are investigating the death of Agustin Duran, 66, as a homicide, according to a Wednesday news release. Inmate Andres Ayon, 19, attacked Duran on Saturday night, punching him in the face and chest.

When Ayon refused to stop striking Duran, prison staff released a pepper spray grenade. Ayon then fell to the ground and cooperated. Staff handcuffed him and placed him in a temporary holding cell, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

An hour after the attack began, Duran was airlifted to a hospital. He died the next day. Ayon was treated for minor injuries and has been placed in a segregation unit while officials investigate the incident.
Being 66 does not help one's resiliency to suffer a beat down. I get somewhat conflicted when I read stories like this. While I would love to see the death penalty for child abuse and molestation, the state sentenced him to a stint in prison and I believe any criminal in prison, now matter how horrible or egregious, should be protected from being murdered extra-judicially.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Being 66 does not help one's resiliency to suffer a beat down. I get somewhat conflicted when I read stories like this. While I would love to see the death penalty for child abuse and molestation, the state sentenced him to a stint in prison and I believe any criminal in prison, now matter how horrible or egregious, should be protected from being murdered extra-judicially.
Andres Ayon, 19, was looking at 6 years or less in prison. Not sure he has realized it yet but he just extended his stay.

If Ayon really wanted to help children that have suffered from abuse and molestation I don't think this was the way. I can understand his anger toward Duran, I can't understand his actions toward Duran.