The crying about the OC thread.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
So lots of bowls canceling this year. Wise move for them and the schools. Most teams barely break even on bowl games other than NY6 and CFP.
Forced ticket sales on participating schools won't work this year.

But, other than player's enjoyment, the main benefit of the Bowl game is the extra 14 practices. Big advantage for next year.

So what does NCAA do about the looming disparity in that only a few teams will get those 14 extra practices ?

Probably nothing and the Blue Bloods just keep on getting the system rigged for their advantage and schools like OSU get screwed . . . . again.
If we wanted to get those extra 14 practices we could have hired a legit offensive coordinator ( that had job offers from any other P5 school in the country; you know, like most top 25 teams do) whose game plan didn’t include 4 turnovers to Texas and grabbing our ankles to OU during our scripted series.

I agree OSU may get screwed, but a significant reason we’ll get screwed is we chose to put on a short dress and perfume while strolling through Baylor’s athletic dorm alone at 3AM.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
So lots of bowls canceling this year. Wise move for them and the schools. Most teams barely break even on bowl games other than NY6 and CFP.

But, other than player's enjoyment, the main benefit of the Bowl game is the extra 14 practices. Big advantage for next year.

So what does NCAA do about the looming disparity in that only a few teams will get those 14 extra practices ?

Probably nothing and the Blue Bloods just keep on getting the system rigged for their advantage and schools like OSU get screwed . . . . again.
If we wanted to get those extra 14 practices we could have hired a legit offensive coordinator ( that had job offers from any other P5 school in the country; you know, like most top 25 teams do) whose game plan didn’t include 4 turnovers to Texas and grabbing our ankles to OU during our scripted series.

I agree OSU may get screwed, but a significant reason we’ll get screwed is we chose to put on a short dress and perfume while strolling through Baylor’s athletic dorm alone at 3AM.
Good grief what a post. You having a bad day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma

I'm not disagreeing with you, but we haven't had a OC that was a threat to be hired off since Monken, and before this gets attacked Yurcich left for a QB coaching job not an OC and he will be replaced when Herman is out at Texas. When you play like a neutered dog people quit trying to hire your coaches, at one time OSU OC was the hottest job in the country for hungry young coaches on their way up, now not so much.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
There are lots of threads about OC and Gundy.

Please keep this one to talking about the Bowl games this year and their impact.

Thanks,
Fair enough; I agree I took it off the issue; You implied OSU got screwed by not making the playoff; I reiterate that OSU screwed itself.

I also believe with so many Bowls being cut; This would be a great year to do an 8 or 16 team Bubbled playoff

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004

lots of headscratching takes in this? so we gameplanned for 4 turnovers vs texas? that's gotta be a first. maybe the coaches believed it was to our advantage to turn it over 4 times. but hey, you do you. be nice to know if you wake up with your head up your ass everyday or if you alternate days?

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Good grief what a post. You having a bad day?

He probably chose to put on a short dress today.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
lots of headscratching takes in this? so we gameplanned for 4 turnovers vs texas? that's gotta be a first. maybe the coaches believed it was to our advantage to turn it over 4 times. but hey, you do you. be nice to know if you wake up with your head up your ass everyday or if you alternate days?
Four turnovers don't just happen. One turnover happens. Two turnovers might happen. Four turnovers are failed plans and failed preparation. Failed plans and preparation would fall on the offensive coordinator.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

The same people were screaming at Gundy to hire Dunn and not let him leave

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
The same people were screaming at Gundy to hire Dunn and not let him leave

I love him as a WR coach and a recruited, he definitely showed aptitude. I believe he is definitely responsible for our school having a strong stable of WRs. It sucks losing great position coaches, but that is the nature of the business. We're Oklahoma State. We'll hire another great position coach.

I also think if a team is serious about having a chance tow win championships, they hire a proven Offensive Coordinator preferred from another P5 school or at worse a G5 school.

I don't think Dunn is the hire if you're serious about trying to win championships.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Four turnovers don't just happen. One turnover happens. Two turnovers might happen. Four turnovers are failed plans and failed preparation. Failed plans and preparation would fall on the offensive coordinator.
They happen when you have a patchwork OL that is not able to stop 4 and 5 star defensive players. Not sure how you can lay that at the feet of the OC, but you do you.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
They happen when you have a patchwork OL that is not able to stop 4 and 5 star defensive players. Not sure how you can lay that at the feet of the OC, but you do you.
I believe more experienced OCs would find concept to work around patchwork OLs.

I don't hate Kacey Dunn, I just don't think he is experienced as an OC and that has been a theme for OCs ever since Monken left.

Oct 30, 2007
I felt pretty good about the fact that our offense put up 34 points last Saturday against Texas Tech. But then I saw that they're ranked 122nd in the country in defensive scoring giving up an average of 39.3 points per game.

I really wanted Monken or Harrell whenever Dunn was hired. For all I know Coach Gundy may have gone after them and struck out since they landed at bigger schools though.

I really like Coach Dunn. He's one of the most successful position coaches we've ever had. But he's been underwhelming as an OC thus far. I know our offensive line has been rough, but you have to find a way to put up points with talent like Hubbard & Wallace on the field.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I believe more experienced OCs would find concept to work around patchwork OLs.

I don't hate Kacey Dunn, I just don't think he is experienced as an OC and that has been a theme for OCs ever since Monken left.
I do not think there is an OC out there that is a wizard enough to solve for a bad OL the majority of the time. When the QB does not have time to get the ball off and the RBs are getting hit as they get the handoff, turnovers are going to happen. Yes he is learning on the job some but I don't think it was a bad hire. Look at the superb game he called this last week.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
What’s the criteria necessary to have called a “superb game” against the worst defense in the conference?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
So turnovers have nothing to do with execution, or lack of focus, or excellent play by the defense.

SMH