The bowl games thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Dabo voting Ohio State #11 was HUGE Ohio State locker room bulletin board material.

Yeah Dabo, give those Buckeyes a little more incentive to play harder/more emotion.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
With all these previous years of him getting torched by opposing tight ends and not making any change, I seriously doubt he makes a change now.
In my best gumby typing style "Why would Gundy want to change when he already has the perfect simple offense. You just have to understand the te becomes a cb which translates into a 1, which translates into a 3 in the Ohio State offense, so Ohio State basically stole everything from Gundy when they hired the second greatest offensive mind in the world, Yurich, Gundy being the greatest."

I think that's a close approximation.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Having a TE that can make contested catches is a huge weapon. Hopefully Jarrard, the JUCO we have coming in, is that guy. His highlights look good but they're obviously against much different competition.
He'll likely be a blocker in this offense....Our passing game only lives outside the hashes. The middle of the field seems to be off limits during the regular season.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Not to speak for him but it’s obvious over the last few games that OU is one of the top 4 teams in the country, as much as I hate to say it. Though, I agree with you, you don’t lose to ISU/KSU and an deserve a shot at the title under the current system. Which there in-lies the “Joke”

I too think the CFP is a joke when you have conference champions without a shot and teams that don’t even play in their CCG earning a spot. The current system is subjective and loaded with bias.
So you think Oregon should have been in the CFP before Notre Dame?

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
So you think Oregon should have been in the CFP before Notre Dame?
No. But if you’re going to let a team like a Notre Dame play for a national championship then Oregon, Oklahoma, aTm and Cincy absolutely deserve a shot as well. It’s the situation created by having only a 4 team playoff.

I would argue that Cincinnati was “more deserving” than Notre Dame. Undefeated conference champions with more top 25 wins. Notre Dame kept banging the drum that they beat Clemson when they were #1, casually leaving out that they played them without the presumed Heisman then got completely dismantled by him in the CCG.

The reality is that the CFP should expand to 8 or just go back to 2.... Most years you could argue only 1 or 2 teams actually “deserve” to be there anyway.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
Most years everyone has the opinion that the 4th team is overrated, when in reality its just that the other 3 (Bama, Clemson,tOSU usually) are just way better than everyone else.