The bowl games thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Oh the irony ! We run conservative and win our game- with lots of complaints.
Cincy goes aggressive and loses their game - with lots of complaints.

Guess you just need to win to be smart.
Pretty simple. Bad decisions are bad. Every situation in every game is different, and will require different approaches to succeed. Do you really not understand that, or are you just being obtuse?

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
The play-off system is a joke. Either A&M or uo should have been in the Final Four ahead of ND. tOSU is a probably going to be a joke as well. Their should have been a minimum games requirement to make the play-off.
How should have a 2 loss OU team that lost to KSU and ISU been in ahead of a 1 loss Notre Dame who only lost to Clemson?

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So far. Big 12 is 4-0 in the bowl games with OSU winning against Miami, UO over Florida, UT over Colorado, and WVU over army.
I really hate when people downgrade our conference all year and love when bowls come around and we tear up the competition. Rubber match tomorrow with ISU and Oregon. I think ISU takes em. Our final rankings is going to be fairly high considering.

Dec 17, 2011
I really hate when people downgrade our conference all year and love when bowls come around and we tear up the competition. Rubber match tomorrow with ISU and Oregon. I think ISU takes em. Our final rankings is going to be fairly high considering.
We can't have teams in our conference including isu losing to FCS teams or sun belt teams. Once we stop doing that we will get respect. We shoot ourselves in our own foots.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Cincinnati playing pretty well against Georgia.
14-10 at half. Smart must be over ruling all of Monken the Geniuses play calling or they have at least 40 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C’mon. Get real. If Monken were in charge of Georgia’s talent Georgia would have hung 70 on a G5 team.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
The pass on 3rd down and the clock stop cost them that game. There's a time for being aggressive and a time for not
Oh the irony ! We run conservative and win our game- with lots of complaints.
Cincy goes aggressive and loses their game - with lots of complaints.

Guess you just need to win to be smart.
Ernie Zampesie once declared the following:

You want to know what a good play call is? A play that works.

You wan to know what a bad play call is? One that doesn’t.

Jun 23, 2009
New York
How should have a 2 loss OU team that lost to KSU and ISU been in ahead of a 1 loss Notre Dame who only lost to Clemson?
Because being a conference champion should be a prerequisite to being in the playoff. Leaving 2 conference power 5 conference champions out to take a team that didn't win their conference and plays in a garbage conference as it is (ACC is a 1 team conference) is a friggin joke. NCAA football and their "committee" are a joke.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Not to speak for him but it’s obvious over the last few games that OU is one of the top 4 teams in the country, as much as I hate to say it. Though, I agree with you, you don’t lose to ISU/KSU and an deserve a shot at the title under the current system. Which there in-lies the “Joke”

I too think the CFP is a joke when you have conference champions without a shot and teams that don’t even play in their CCG earning a spot. The current system is subjective and loaded with bias.

Jan 14, 2006
Hopefully Gundy is watching the game....maybe he'll find a way to utilize the TE position much more than just blocking.
Having a TE that can make contested catches is a huge weapon. Hopefully Jarrard, the JUCO we have coming in, is that guy. His highlights look good but they're obviously against much different competition.