The Bernie "That wasn't real soclialism" thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
How many times am I going to have to say that I am not talking about an ID? Seriously, I have not once said that but that is all you guys respond with every single time because you know you don't want to talk about the real suppression that occurs.

You ignored the wager about the tax payment taking easy money from my pocket. Do you want to wager on the likelihood of misspelled names being democrats or republicans because you are wrong there too?

Prescribing cannabis is illegal in the state of Oklahoma.
So are you saying the average democrat is to dumb to verify their name is spelled correctly when they register to vote. Seriously if that's the case they shouldn't be voting. If you can't spell your damn name there is no way in hell you understand what or who you are voting for. Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders whats the difference just some scrambled letters like my name. (Helper: There is lot of sarcasm in this post I know you miss it most of the time)

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
So are you saying the average democrat is to dumb to verify their name is spelled correctly when they register to vote. Seriously if that's the case they shouldn't be voting. If you can't spell your damn name there is no way in hell you understand what or who you are voting for. Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders whats the difference just some scrambled letters like my name. (Helper: There is lot of sarcasm in this post I know you miss it most of the time)
If you aren't able to read what I actually wrote instead of coming up with posts like this then you should not be reading message boards.

I see people signed in to the ER all the time and their name is misspelled on the chart. And, usually, it isn't Mary Brown. But, that does not mean I'm calling the patient or the registration clerk stupid. Nor am I calling either of them racist. But, if my goal was to deny medical care to certain types of people but make it appear innocent, I could certainly claim "If you can't make sure your name is right on the intake records you shouldn't be able to obtain medical care."

Again, citizens should have the right to vote just like they should have the right to bear arms. It is in our constitution. And, I am fine with a process that must be followed for each. But, I do not want an inconsequential spelling or transcription error on a form to block gun ownership or block a vote. THAT is what you guys are arguing for. The reason you are making such a freedom-killing, big government authoritarian argument I'll leave to you to figure out for yourself but none of the options look too good from my perspective.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
If you aren't able to read what I actually wrote instead of coming up with posts like this then you should not be reading message boards.

I see people signed in to the ER all the time and their name is misspelled on the chart. And, usually, it isn't Mary Brown. But, that does not mean I'm calling the patient or the registration clerk stupid. Nor am I calling either of them racist. But, if my goal was to deny medical care to certain types of people but make it appear innocent, I could certainly claim "If you can't make sure your name is right on the intake records you shouldn't be able to obtain medical care."

Again, citizens should have the right to vote just like they should have the right to bear arms. It is in our constitution. And, I am fine with a process that must be followed for each. But, I do not want an inconsequential spelling or transcription error on a form to block gun ownership or block a vote. THAT is what you guys are arguing for. The reason you are making such a freedom-killing, big government authoritarian argument I'll leave to you to figure out for yourself but none of the options look too good from my perspective.
Like I mentioned before if your name is misspelled on the roles and all the other information on your ID matches whats on the rolls it's not a big deal they still let you vote. Have had it happen before. Damn Oklahoma democrats were trying to suppress my conservative vote but it didn't work. It was weird because it was spelled right the 5 elections before that.

It's entirely up to the poll workers discretion if they allow you to vote if there is something off in the roles. Let me think about this, the vast majority of poll workers in these strong democratic districts are democrats. They aren't stopping anyone from voting if the ID is close. Just like you aren't denying medical care because someone typed a name wrong on a chart.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Like I mentioned before if your name is misspelled on the roles and all the other information on your ID matches whats on the rolls it's not a big deal they still let you vote. Have had it happen before. Damn Oklahoma democrats were trying to suppress my conservative vote but it didn't work. It was weird because it was spelled right the 5 elections before that.

It's entirely up to the poll workers discretion if they allow you to vote if there is something off in the roles. Let me think about this, the vast majority of poll workers in these strong democratic districts are democrats. They aren't stopping anyone from voting if the ID is close. Just like you aren't denying medical care because someone typed a name wrong on a chart.

I am talking about jurisdictions that have implemented LAWS that prevent a poll worker from having discretion you are talking about. THAT is the voter suppression I am talking about. Sounds like you agree with me but you just don't want to so you say anything you can to argue.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
I watched the 20/20 interview. I wasn't super surprised that Cooper didnt push him. When Bernie waved his hand and said something to the effect that "I dont know where every nickel is going to come from." A good journalist should have pushed him HARD. We're not talking nickels. We're talking billions, and trillions.

Many say his response regarding Cuba (Castro created schools etc), probably just cost him Florida (assuming he gets the nomination). That was a pretty dumb response.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I am talking about jurisdictions that have implemented LAWS that prevent a poll worker from having discretion you are talking about. THAT is the voter suppression I am talking about. Sounds like you agree with me but you just don't want to so you say anything you can to argue.
Even in those jurisdictions they are given a provisional ballot to vote. Which will be verified and counted if the race is close enough the provisional ballots could make a difference in the outcome. I'm 100% for voter ID it's insane to not have it. Yes there does need to be workarounds if someone inputs something wrong on the voter rolls. Whether it be provisional ballots or allowed poll worker discretion if everything else matches and there is a minor misspelling somewhere.

Ballot harvesting is a far worse problem that has a much bigger affect on elections and should be outlawed. Both parties have been caught doing it. Far to many blue districts have over 100% voter turn out on a regular basis do to ballot harvesting.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Even in those jurisdictions they are given a provisional ballot to vote. Which will be verified and counted if the race is close enough the provisional ballots could make a difference in the outcome. I'm 100% for voter ID it's insane to not have it. Yes there does need to be workarounds if someone inputs something wrong on the voter rolls. Whether it be provisional ballots or allowed poll worker discretion if everything else matches and there is a minor misspelling somewhere.

Ballot harvesting is a far worse problem that has a much bigger affect on elections and should be outlawed. Both parties have been caught doing it. Far to many blue districts have over 100% voter turn out on a regular basis do to ballot harvesting.
Oh, cool, now we just get to make shit up and act like it is fact. OK, well in some places, they check your skin tone with a meter and if it is too dark then they shoot you on the spot and dump the bodies out back.

Jul 22, 2011
I watched the 20/20 interview. I wasn't super surprised that Cooper didnt push him. When Bernie waved his hand and said something to the effect that "I dont know where every nickel is going to come from." A good journalist should have pushed him HARD. We're not talking nickels. We're talking billions, and trillions.

Many say his response regarding Cuba (Castro created schools etc), probably just cost him Florida (assuming he gets the nomination). That was a pretty dumb response.
I think Bernie is a lock at this point. Not even a contested convention.
Everyone but Warren would need to drop out yesterday and endorse Bloomberg (or Biden), and there's too much ego for that to happen.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
You misspelled Carolina.

You don't get to post anymore but are on the list of pending posters. There is a detailed protocol to go through to get off the pending list but we are not going to tell you the protocol.
That looks tough, the suppression is absolutely unreal. I'm sure there is no way I could complete this simple process. Mostly because I'm not a resident. Other than that looks like a simple process to vote in South Carolina. Stop believing made up news.

https://scvotes.org/south-carolina-voter-registration-information

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
You misspelled Carolina.

You don't get to post anymore but are on the list of pending posters. There is a detailed protocol to go through to get off the pending list but we are not going to tell you the protocol.
I was going to compare gun licenses to voting ID's, but then realized people don't think carrying a gun should even require a license. I love when "conservatives" pick and choose Constitutional rights.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I was going to compare gun licenses to voting ID's, but then realized people don't think carrying a gun should even require a license. I love when "conservatives" pick and choose Constitutional rights.
Voting is the right of citizens as stated in the constitution. It would seem you would need to prove you are a citizen to carry out that right. The other constitutional rights don't state citizenship as a precursor to enjoying those rights. You don't have to be a citizen to buy a gun you have to be a citizen to vote. You have to have ID and pass a background check to buy a gun. Why shouldn't you have to prove citizenship and have an ID to carry out a right reserved for citizens.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Voting is the right of citizens as stated in the constitution. It would seem you would need to prove you are a citizen to carry out that right. The other constitutional rights don't state citizenship as a precursor to enjoying those rights. You don't have to be a citizen to buy a gun you have to be a citizen to vote. You have to have ID and pass a background check to buy a gun. Why shouldn't you have to prove citizenship and have an ID to carry out a right reserved for citizens.
Because rayciss.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Hey I just think it's funny when "conservatives" call for more government selectively. You know what would really work? If at birth we all got bar codes tattooed on our wrists that we could scan at the voting booth. Be careful what you wish for. You know the government don't stop.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Hey I just think it's funny when "conservatives" call for more government selectively. You know what would really work? If at birth we all got bar codes tattooed on our wrists that we could scan at the voting booth. Be careful what you wish for. You know the government don't stop.
Nominee for Strawman of the Month and False Equivalency categories. Congrats.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Who is asking for more government? Every state already issues ID's and does voter registration. Imagine bringing the two together and eliminating some government.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Where exactly did anyone in this thread say that you should not have to be a citizen and be able to prove you are a citizen to vote?

See, that is just it. You guys know you have no way to defend the actual wrong voter suppression so you simply keep going back to the same old strawman that you have beat the living shit out of trying to avoid the real issue.