The Bernie "That wasn't real soclialism" thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
He has said in interviews that the Dem's will never win the Senate with Bernie so he will not be able to accomplish anything other than stand at the microphone and yell about the Revolution.
I disagree. He could have major impacts on foreign policy and privacy, while his more extreme ideas would need congressional approval and would not pass even with a democratically controlled house and senate. He also is consistent and has strong ethics which we sorely need.

Because of his extreme ideas being supressed, I think he would make a better president than Trump or Biden. With Biden, I think the VP would end up being the acting and/or defacto president.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I disagree. He could have major impacts on foreign policy and privacy, while his more extreme ideas would need congressional approval and would not pass even with a democratically controlled house and senate. He also is consistent and has strong ethics which we sorely need.

Because of his extreme ideas being supressed, I think he would make a better president than Trump or Biden. With Biden, I think the VP would end up being the acting and/or defacto president.
I think if Biden wins the VP is the POTUS before the first term ends.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I’m betting he picks Michelle Obama. I’m totally serious.
I believe he'd love to, but I feel both Obama's would feel 1) they don't want Michelle to be tainted by a likely Biden defeat, and 2) it would be beneath them to work for Biden. IF they think Biden has a good chance to win they might offer Michelle as a VP candidate knowing she might parlay that into as much as a 10 year Obama presidency!

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I believe he'd love to, but I feel both Obama's would feel 1) they don't want Michelle to be tainted by a likely Biden defeat, and 2) it would be beneath them to work for Biden. IF they think Biden has a good chance to win they might offer Michelle as a VP candidate knowing she might parlay that into as much as a 10 year Obama presidency!
Don't underestimate the feeling that some people would feel that they are really electing Obama back into office because he would control things behind the scenes.

Brad M

Wrangler
Jan 16, 2017
Wisconsin
I think she would accept because she KNOWS he won’t last 4 yrs. They would probably prearrange that agreement.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Don't underestimate the feeling that some people would feel that they are really electing Obama back into office because he would control things behind the scenes.
I think she would accept because she KNOWS he won’t last 4 yrs. They would probably prearrange that agreement.
Agree and agree. I think that's why Joe won't announce Veep selection before he has to (at the convention), because the Obama's will string it out until they're sure he/they can win. Biden will live with that because of the huge boost Michelle would give the ticket. I think if Covid 19 dies out in early summer and market starts to rally Obama's will distance themselves from Joe and deny there was ever any real consideration of Veep job.