The 2018 Masters

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Excellent final round by our guy! Hope Reed tanks but it's unlikely...Fowler is a good rep for our University and Golf Program..

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Rickie just doesn’t seem to have that Sunday final round killer instinct. It’s the only thing preventing him from being elite....hopefully it will come one day.......
Rickie pushed Reed to the last stroke. Reed just played an exceptional tournament. And Rickie just made $1,188,000. His last putt made an extra $220,000.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
Douche reed wins but Rickie made a run, Bet he wishes he could play the front over. Before they hand douche bag the green jacket they need to make sure he didn't cheat somewhere along the way.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Rickie just doesn’t seem to have that Sunday final round killer instinct. It’s the only thing preventing him from being elite....hopefully it will come one day.......
I totally eat my words......a great round and great tournament by Rickie. Did everything he needed to do to win. Reed just played out of his mind with very few errors. It’s very unusual that -14 doesn’t win The Masters. I was begging Reed to bogie 18. Rickie would have beat him In a playoff IMO.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
Nobody in the gallery was rooting for Reed. He’s not a likable guy. Lots of rumors of him being a dbag.
He is. And “allegedly” stole from players at UGA and was caught cheating. Thus ending up and Augusta State. Thus being a d-bag to everyone at Karsten. Thus costing us a 2011 Championship. Thus costing Rickie a major.

Totally couldn’t have asked for a worse champion.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
Makes you wonder if he was cheating on the course back then, or had a few jealous teammates? That green jacket on his back might suggest the latter.

I don't deny that he is the Bill Lambier of golf, only that he's capable of putting up some pretty low numbers.
Shane Ryan said there was a code of silence regarding Reed’s time at UGA, describing it as a type of “golf omerta.” Ryan brought up whispers that Reed had cheated on the course during a qualifying round (trying to hit a better-positioned ball that wasn’t his), reported better scores than he’d actually shot and may have stolen from teammates ($400 and a Scotty Cameron putter, Ryan’s source said). Reed denied these claims and said he was ousted for multiple alcohol arrests. According to reports, those incidents were nothing more than the usual college-kid stupidity.
But a Georgia assistant coach released a statement saying that Ryan’s report was accurate and that UGA chose not to associate with “Patrick as a person.”

ps://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/patrick-reed-masters-popularity-why-do-so-many-fans-hate-him

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Makes you wonder if he was cheating on the course back then, or had a few jealous teammates? That green jacket on his back might suggest the latter.

I don't deny that he is the Bill Lambier of golf, only that he's capable of putting up some pretty low numbers.
The few jealous teammates were unanimous at both schools he attended. The green jacket proves he can play golf. That has never been in doubt. He just can't do anything with grace. Reminds me of Bobby Knight.