The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I think players just know him more, more comfortable with him, and Riley knows how he coaches and interacts with the players. Just a more smooth transition. I fully expect them to hire someone this off season

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I think players just know him more, more comfortable with him, and Riley knows how he coaches and interacts with the players. Just a more smooth transition. I fully expect them to hire someone this off season
When do you expect them to stop sucking?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
It’s nice having a head coach who proactively tries to better his team. Helluva concept. You guys should try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol yeah we didn’t replace our DC well before the season or anything.:rolleyes:

You should try being smart.
He looks like a coordinator from a basketball school and Ivy League.

What’s next? An offensive coordinator from Shippensburg?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
They did name Ruffin interim DC. But only because Diaco is an Analyst and not a coach. NCAA Bylaws don’t allow anyone who isn’t named a coach at the start of the season coach during the season.

Except, he's coaching the outside linebackers now...
I’m just going off what I read on the inter webs. Sources are sketchy when news breaks on a Sunday during a holiday weekend.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Way before your guys do.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO

What league did your HC from? I can’t tell you what league directional Carolina is in.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

What league did your HC from? I can’t tell you what league directional Carolina is in.
The difference is Lincoln performs like he belongs at Oklahoma. Yurcich looks like he belongs at Shippensburg. But yet he’s still in Stillwater.

One was a home run hire. The other is a hire you guys are lamenting.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Way before your guys do.

Maybe. You guys said you’d be good this year and you were wrong again.
Well we’re moving forward with a future still in sight. You guys are unranked and have been curb stomped by two middle of the road conference opponents.

And haven’t done a thing...

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
The difference is Lincoln performs like he belongs at Oklahoma. Yurcich looks like he belongs at Shippensburg. But yet he’s still in Stillwater.

One was a home run hire. The other is a hire you guys are lamenting.

Outside of 2014, he's had a top 10 or better offense every year. What more do you want from him? The real problem is on the other side of the ball. We tried something there. I'm not sure the scheme fits personnel in the secondary, unfortunately.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Well we’re moving forward with a future still in sight. You guys are unranked and have been curb stomped by two middle of the road conference opponents.

This year is likely in the shitter for us. I think we're just trying to get into next season. We've had a good run, one many teams would trade. Hopefully, we're back on track next year.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

This year is likely in the shitter for us. I think we're just trying to get into next season. We've had a good run, one many teams would trade. Hopefully, we're back on track next year.
How long until you guys admit you’re gaming the system and a lot of it is a facade. Gundy’s not the answer man. Deep down you guys know it. He’s never gonna turn that corner. Are you guys okay with above average mediocrity or you just like occasionally being in the conversation?

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
How long until you guys admit you’re gaming the system and a lot of it is a facade. Gundy’s not the answer man. Deep down you guys know it. He’s never gonna turn that corner. Are you guys okay with above average mediocrity or you just like occasionally being in the conversation?

I get where you're coming from, but you have to think of the consequences if we can Gundy now. And maybe you're just poking the bear here, I couldn't tell you what your true intentions are here. For the sake of conversation while I'm board at the job I'm walking out on, step into our shoes for a moment, if you will..
  1. We've experienced the most success in our program's history under Gundy. When we reached our peak, we experienced a down year thereafter, a great season the next year, and then another down year before going on a run of good seasons. Since that peak, we never had back to back seasons of anything less than 10 wins.
  2. Going into this season, we're just off three straight 10 win seasons (One was really 11. F the CMU refs)
  3. Stillwater, OK - Can we get better than Gundy? Say we land a great coach, are we a stepping stone? We've got to take a long hard look in the mirror and answer that.
  4. On top of our location and with the first two points made, what message does that send to the next crop of potential new hires? Hey come to Oklahoma State. We just fired our winningest coach in history because he had a bad year. This mindset has a stench worse than Nebraska.
I find it strange that OU fans like you beat your chest and say or act as if OSU fans should not compare our school with yours, but then you turn right around and do just that. Hypocrisy has been your thing since you've been here and I'll continue to point it out. Further, I'm pefectly fine in admitting OSU is not OU and will never be OU. We are not blue blood. We don't have the history or the established brand. We are not connected to the OKC metro. So, while you might fire someone with Gundy's type of success at OU, I don't think OSU is in that type of position yet. Hell, we might not ever be. I get that you expect perfection every year from OU, but I'm a third generation Poke. I've seen what absolute garbage was right before my eyes and in the stories of older fans. I'd prefer to leave the 90s where they are and you should too because both schools were crap. OU had their brand to help crawl out of the muck, but we weren't afforded such good fortune.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
When do you expect osu defense to stop sucking? At least a season before that day.

I get where you're coming from, but you have to think of the consequences if we can Gundy now. And maybe you're just poking the bear here, I couldn't tell you what your true intentions are here. For the sake of conversation while I'm board at the job I'm walking out on, step into our shoes for a moment, if you will..
  1. We've experienced the most success in our program's history under Gundy. When we reached our peak, we experienced a down year thereafter, a great season the next year, and then another down year before going on a run of good seasons. Since that peak, we never had back to back seasons of anything less than 10 wins.
  2. Going into this season, we're just off three straight 10 win seasons (One was really 11. F the CMU refs)
  3. Stillwater, OK - Can we get better than Gundy? Say we land a great coach, are we a stepping stone? We've got to take a long hard look in the mirror and answer that.
  4. On top of our location and with the first two points made, what message does that send to the next crop of potential new hires? Hey come to Oklahoma State. We just fired our winningest coach in history because he had a bad year. This mindset has a stench worse than Nebraska.
I find it strange that OU fans like you beat your chest and say or act as if OSU fans should not compare our school with yours, but then you turn right around and do just that. Hypocrisy has been your thing since you've been here and I'll continue to point it out. Further, I'm pefectly fine in admitting OSU is not OU and will never be OU. We are not blue blood. We don't have the history or the established brand. We are not connected to the OKC metro. So, while you might fire someone with Gundy's type of success at OU, I don't think OSU is in that type of position yet. Hell, we might not ever be. I get that you expect perfection every year from OU, but I'm a third generation Poke. I've seen what absolute garbage was right before my eyes and in the stories of older fans. I'd prefer to leave the 90s where they are and you should too because both schools were crap. OU had their brand to help crawl out of the muck, but we weren't afforded such good fortune.
This is Osu's problem- because with a great coach they could turn the corner and turn into a power house. It could absolutely happen. Thing is, gundy might be the best man to ever coach there, he might be the best man for the job with things as they are. With his personality, his ties to the state and program, there may not be a better man for the job. Especially since he's showed willingness to turn down bigger jobs. Problem is, he's not the man to who will turn them around to get them to the promised land. I dont think he's THAT coach. He has plateaued, and hey it's a fine view on this plateau . He is the man to make them very good, very competitive, and occasionally compete for a shot at the playoffs every so many years. I think osu is in a good position and a really truly great position if the fanbase and admin dont raise their expectations. But if they want to compete for championships, 5 star recruits and the playoffs, well, they need a big time hc not named gundy. I think Miles was on the way to bumping them up a level before he left. Problem is, as with Miles, a hc turning osu into an elite program could easily be lured away. As you stated, osu could very well be a really nice stepping stone to an elite job. That's not really a bad thing, (its not great) but its not bad because there arent many, maybe only 10 programs who could just have their pick of elite coaches and dont have to worry much about losing one to someone bigger. kind of a wierd situation. It'll be hard to find someone who would MORE successful, and willing to stay. Probably would be a mistake to can him. He'd land at a good job with resources, anyone you get who would perform better than he has will be looking at a blue blood within a few years. In the more likely event that his replacement is not as good as gundy, then it'll be a real shit show and imagine how much fun that will be!

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Mike Stoops feels sorry for himself and wants everyone to feel sorry for him too! LOL what a pussy

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I'm excited to see the progress of the defense. I feel good about the secondary, less good about the rest
Should have some outspoken leaders on D which will help as well.
Depth is there that’s for sure. There’s pieces everywhere.

I’m excited for the whole crew. LB will be strong. Kenneth Murray and Caleb Kelly will be on the field all three downs at Mike and Will. There’s gonna be a new Jack now that Obo is gone, but Mark Jackson and Addison Gumbs are battling that out. Gumbs is apparently a freak of nature. No idea about Sam.

There’s a lot of returning strength and extra depth on the D line. Gallimore and Kenneth Mann I’m really excited about. Ronnie Perkins has garnered some major attention for being a true freshman.

We got enough depth at corner that we moved a solid corner to safety. Norwood, Brown and Motley are very exciting. Bookie has earned nothing but praise since he walked into campus and he’s gonna find a spot on the field.

Safety is my biggest concern. It’s tough to replace both in one offseason, even though there’s tough competition at both positions. You need good safety play in this league.

Haaaaaha!