The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Admittedly I saw a few things that concerned me this weekend. But at the same time, If you account for all yards gained in their 101 plays OU gave up 4.8 yards per play. Under 5 is respectable. For the fun of it I looked how Alabama did. Alabama gave up 4.9 yards per play to Louisiana Lafayette this weekend.

So while they’re not where I expected, I saw good things that give me reasonable hope this year. They did force a fg, punt or a turnover on 10 of 14 drives. A couple of their touchdowns were preventable if a guy isn’t out of position or made a tackle. Correctable stuff. But correctable stuff I thought they’d better at by now

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
They’re so close on so much stuff. They’d have so many more TFLs and sacks if those freshmen would just wrap up. It’s only a matter of time. Those splash plays are coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Wow, Coach Log is going full taco tech. The transition to Tortilla Flat North continues and the ewoch is falling out of Heisman contention.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Admittedly I saw a few things that concerned me this weekend. But at the same time, If you account for all yards gained in their 101 plays OU gave up 4.8 yards per play. Under 5 is respectable. For the fun of it I looked how Alabama did. Alabama gave up 4.9 yards per play to Louisiana Lafayette this weekend.

So while they’re not where I expected, I saw good things that give me reasonable hope this year. They did force a fg, punt or a turnover on 10 of 14 drives. A couple of their touchdowns were preventable if a guy isn’t out of position or made a tackle. Correctable stuff. But correctable stuff I thought they’d better at by now
They’re so close on so much stuff. They’d have so many more TFLs and sacks if those freshmen would just wrap up. It’s only a matter of time. Those splash plays are coming.

LOL OU DEFENSE :lol:

When will y’all learn?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I strongly believe the Mikey firing is a move by Coach Log to further Techify his new job. Ruffin will be the new DC and they will move ever closer to being Tortilla Flat North.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Full. Retard.

you going to quit denying when they name Ruffin? It's going to happen. I am still in shock that the goon mouthpiece on fakenews9 was mystified and said mikey's resignation was offered yesterday after the game, that was declined and then Coach Log fired him today. If that's not going full techster I don't know what is, remember what they did to the pirate down there.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
They did name Ruffin interim DC. But only because Diaco is an Analyst and not a coach. NCAA Bylaws don’t allow anyone who isn’t named a coach at the start of the season coach during the season.