The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You’re second guessing Lincoln Riley’s ability to manage his quarterback situation?

Have you ever heard of Mike Gundy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm questioning why there are four total players entering The Portal. Just like the Pokes were questioned when players decided to transfer
Tramonda Moore was dismissed from the team last November. Logan Roberson was buried on the depth chart and rumor has it was overweight and out of condition (you don’t see many 370 pound offensive linemen). Prentice McKinney couldn’t see the field and OU has had back to back strong secondary recruiting classes. AD Miller left because... hello... we just signed three 5* receivers in this class and the cupboard wasn’t bare this year.

Austin Kendall isn’t necessarily out the door. He may be getting ready to bolt if Jalen Hurts comes in. Hurts’ family has contacted OU as soon as he entered his name in the portal. Kendall may be hedging his bets. Student athletes need to be enrolled within two weeks of start of classes.

There’s also a small chance Kyler Murray may return. Riley went and spoke with him at his home recently. Kyler has not formerly declared for the NFL Draft but has received a first round grade.

If you think wheels are coming off around here, you’re stretching.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You’re second guessing Lincoln Riley’s ability to manage his quarterback situation?

Have you ever heard of Mike Gundy?

Where has Gundy gone wrong?
Alex Cate, Wes Lunt, JW Walsh, Clint Chelf, Daxx Garman, Corndog. That’s just in the last decade.

There’s been some sad times where you guys have been a hot mess at quarterback and depth chart organization and choices have been poor. I’ve got several poke friends that have been displeased with Gundy’s handling of it and I’ve read several posts on here echoing the same sentiments over the years.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Tramonda Moore was dismissed from the team last November. Logan Roberson was buried on the depth chart and rumor has it was overweight and out of condition (you don’t see many 370 pound offensive linemen). Prentice McKinney couldn’t see the field and OU has had back to back strong secondary recruiting classes. AD Miller left because... hello... we just signed three 5* receivers in this class and the cupboard wasn’t bare this year.

Austin Kendall isn’t necessarily out the door. He may be getting ready to bolt if Jalen Hurts comes in. Hurts’ family has contacted OU as soon as he entered his name in the portal. Kendall may be hedging his bets. Student athletes need to be enrolled within two weeks of start of classes.

There’s also a small chance Kyler Murray may return. Riley went and spoke with him at his home recently. Kyler has not formerly declared for the NFL Draft but has received a first round grade.

Not really stretching at all, lots of instability, two qbs leaving is not a good look after hiring a d-coordinator from wife beater state university.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Alex Cate, Wes Lunt, JW Walsh, Clint Chelf, Daxx Garman, Corndog. That’s just in the last decade.

There’s been some sad times where you guys have been a hot mess at quarterback and depth chart organization and choices have been poor. I’ve got several poke friends that have been displeased with Gundy’s handling of it and I’ve read several posts on here echoing the same sentiments over the years.

A list of names? What is that supposed to mean?

If the search function would work properly, there’s a good breakdown of every Gundy season and the QB battle that proves your myth wrong. I’ll find it and share it with you. You’ll ignore it or conveniently not use the reply button and say something that doesn’t make any sense.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Not really stretching at all, lots of instability, two qbs leaving is not a good look after hiring a d-coordinator from wife beater state university.
You’re high.

Ones a first round draft prospect who just won a Heisman and the other keeps getting passed up on the depth chart.

Jalen Hurts is currently in Norman right now. So we will see how that goes.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

A list of names? What is that supposed to mean?

If the search function would work properly, there’s a good breakdown of every Gundy season and the QB battle that proves your myth wrong. I’ll find it and share it with you. You’ll ignore it or conveniently not use the reply button and say something that doesn’t make any sense.
2012 - 2014 and last year you guys had major issues and questions with either depth organization or Gundy’s selection for starter. You can’t deny that.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
You’re high.

Ones a first round draft prospect who just won a Heisman and the other keeps getting passed up on the depth chart.

I saw him at a Maryland basketball game

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
2012 - 2014 and last year you guys had major issues and questions with either depth organization or Gundy’s selection for starter. You can’t deny that.

What was wrong with Lunt in 2012? 2013 Chelf started out shakey vs Miss State, JW took over and won. Chelf took over after WV and we won 10 games. 2014, JW damn near beat the defending NC before injury.

What in the hell is Gundy’s fault in choosing a QB in any of these seasons? You’re full of sh!t.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You’re high.

So you feel good about losing qb1 and qb2? I take it from your silence you like the hiring of The Wifebeater u coach,?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You’re high.

So you feel good about losing qb1 and qb2? I take it from your silence you like the hiring of The Wifebeater u coach,?
Kyler is a first round draft prospect. He won the Heisman. Dude’s gone. It is what it is. It happens.

Something had to have scared off Austin Kendall. He hears more than we do and Jalen Hurts is in town. Rattler will be in this summer. I feel incredibly good about Mordecai. I’ve seen him play in high school a couple times. Great player. Either way, I’m fine with whatever happens. I fully trust Riley to manage it.

I love the Grinch hire. He’s got a very aggressive scheme. He was a Broyles award semifinalist all three years he was given full control of the defense. It’s a one gap 3-4 and you can wreak some absolute havoc with those. And his defenses are turnover heavy. They got 20+ turnovers each year at WSU. We got a ton of athletes on that side of the ball who just need some direction and identity. Any defense where you can turn Caleb Kelly loose and play football and I’m a fan.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Hey guys! Did anyone happen to mention Grinch was a Broyles Award Semifinalist?

I sure hope Hurts lands in sNoreman, they can go back to the wishbone and compete with Army...

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Kyler is a first round draft prospect. He won the Heisman. Dude’s gone. It is what it is. It happens.

Something had to have scared off Austin Kendall. He hears more than we do and Jalen Hurts is in town. Rattler will be in this summer. I feel incredibly good about Mordecai. I’ve seen him play in high school a couple times. Great player. Either way, I’m fine with whatever happens. I fully trust Riley to manage it.

I love the Grinch hire. He’s got a very aggressive scheme. He was a Broyles award semifinalist all three years he was given full control of the defense. It’s a one gap 3-4 and you can wreak some absolute havoc with those. And his defenses are turnover heavy. They got 20+ turnovers each year at WSU. We got a ton of athletes on that side of the ball who just need some direction and identity. Any defense where you can turn Caleb Kelly loose and play football and I’m a fan.

Was the d-back coach going to tech part of the trade for those bitchin' black and red unis?