The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Gimmick of a head coach?

Mike Gundy has a mullet and takes his shirt off at pep rallies.

Lincoln wins championships, goes to the playoffs and has back to back Heisman winners.

Who’s the gimmick again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was pretending to talk like you and hit the nail on the head.
You’re just talking in circles

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I guess it’s easy to point and laugh when you know your coach’s ceiling... he reached it seven years ago and hasn’t gotten back there since. I mean you are overpaying for mediocrity and you’re used to it.

Big difference is, both of us had shit defenses this year. One team won 12 games, the conference and went to the playoffs. The other won seven games, lost to the worst teams in the conference and narrowly missed a losing record.

It’s all about expectations. I’m glad you guys don’t have any.

To each their own.

And you do? You're excited about hiring a guy that was going to get fired because his part of the d sucked. At least we knew enough not to get to worked about Knowles, this guy is going to be mikey stoops level disaster.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
He’s a young, thriving, energetic coach. Nothing but excitement in the sooner camp. Log can do no wrong. OU instantly got better by hiring a guy who fielded a good defense in 2017. Your gimmick of a coach made an extremely similar hire a year ago but it was dumb then. Now it’s cool.
What he did was rebuild a terrible defense and made them a top 15 defense within 3 years. Really not too dissimilar to Riley's experience at ecu. And Riley is anything but a gimmick, he's the real deal.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
What he did was rebuild a terrible defense and made them a top 15 defense within 3 years. Really not too dissimilar to Riley's experience at ecu. And Riley is anything but a gimmick, he's the real deal.
I really thought I was going over the top to sound like TG.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I really thought I was going over the top to sound like TG.
Not sure what I said was over the top. And I’d love for you to point it out.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
You mean they stopped in Stillwater before leaving as quickly as they could get another job offer.

Yeah that’s refreshing.

I don’t know what it’s like in your world, but taking a promotion is a good thing in mine.