The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that improvement in the Pac12 done while coaching for the spread team...not against them? I don't watch Pac12 so, how many of them run a spread/rpo offense? Something that should be considered, I would think. Also, do goons ever look at anything besides the logo on the helmet? TG has based many of his rebuttals lately. I realize that's how most goons begin their fandom so, it's to be expected.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
When Grinch had full control of a defense it made massive steps forward all three year and he was a Broyles semifinalist all three years.

He didn’t have full control of Ohio State. He didn’t call plays.

Oklahoma State hired Knowles after him having a top 25 defense at Duke. He finished near the bottom in every category and made Oklahoma State’s defense worse than it ever was before.

But... you guys still throw rocks. You have zero leg to stand on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We’re throwing the same rocks you were throwing at this time last year, hypocrite.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Mike is a very good defensive coordinator. Not every person can be a head coach.
Say what you will about him, he's good a good track record in norman.
You haven't watched the games.

Stats lie.
When stats are quoted without context is whenever they don't hold water.

To quote stats and say Mike Stoops isn't a better defensive coordinator than Venables is one of those instances.

Feeling nostalgic...

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
We stole one from Ohio State. Ohio State stole one from Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State steals them from... Shippensburg.

See the difference?

I know you're too stupid to know this, but OSU hired away a tOSU defensive asst. a decade ago to be the DC.

The guy you ran outta town just won his second national title last night.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Those pics you posted look like the picture of relief that they didn't have to play Clemson and get massacred, AGAIN. Its certainly entertaining to see the guy that boob kicked off the coordinator island is winning natty's while boob and mikey are unemployed.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Just think.. if Log would’ve shown some patience for just one more week, ou would’ve got their top target at DC and likely on the cheap.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
He’s a young, thriving, energetic coach. Nothing but excitement in the sooner camp. Log can do no wrong. OU instantly got better by hiring a guy who fielded a good defense in 2017. Your gimmick of a coach made an extremely similar hire a year ago but it was dumb then. Now it’s cool.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Gimmick of a head coach?

Mike Gundy has a mullet and takes his shirt off at pep rallies.

Lincoln wins championships, goes to the playoffs and has back to back Heisman winners.

Who’s the gimmick again?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Those pics you posted look like the picture of relief that they didn't have to play Clemson and get massacred, AGAIN. Its certainly entertaining to see the guy that boob kicked off the coordinator island is winning natty's while boob and mikey are unemployed.
I guess it’s easy to point and laugh when you know your coach’s ceiling... he reached it seven years ago and hasn’t gotten back there since. I mean you are overpaying for mediocrity and you’re used to it.

Big difference is, both of us had shit defenses this year. One team won 12 games, the conference and went to the playoffs. The other won seven games, lost to the worst teams in the conference and narrowly missed a losing record.

It’s all about expectations. I’m glad you guys don’t have any.

To each their own.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Gimmick of a head coach?

Mike Gundy has a mullet and takes his shirt off at pep rallies.

Lincoln wins championships, goes to the playoffs and has back to back Heisman winners.

Who’s the gimmick again?

I was pretending to talk like you and hit the nail on the head.