The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Grinch wasn’t in charge of the Ohio St. defense (Greg Scriabin was). Grinch was in charge of the Washington St. defense which greatly improved under Grinch to #16 in Total D, #9 in Pass D, & #9 in forced turnovers. In Pullman.
Oh, total D? Is non scoring stats how you stop teams? I thought points mattered, but y’all are the blue blood fans and automatically know everything about football. I mean.. Wazzu was at the bottom of the nation in RZ D in 2017 and also outside the top 50 in scoring D in 2017 when they piled up enough stats between the 25s to rank 16 in total D that one time Grinch cracked the top 60 a Wazzu. Then there was tOSU in 2018, but the Buckeyes were just simply paying Grinch to have a title and nothing was his fault at all. He was just like OU’s fourth choice as DC, so all is well. Right @TypicalGooner?

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category27/sort01.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category09/sort01.html

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You gotta love the goon media quoting Leach about how great a hire this is. The Techification Meter is at 90%, we just need a dykes to actually be hired at goonerville to get to 100%.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Uh huh. It’s kinda hilarious when you’re slinging mud about a defensive coordinator hire after you guys just hired one and got worse... you guys are pretty terrible at looking in the mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The difference is, the sieve in Stillwater improved throughout the year, especially vs the pass. The one in Norman didn't. The question is will the goon train have the patience to allow The Grinch to implement his players and schemes, which won't happen fast enough for them. I'm guessing no.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I guess you prefer Gundy’s method of hiring high school and D2 coaches.
This ain't about Gundy, gawd!

But since you had to go there, that D2 just got hired by Ohio State....you know, that place you fools are beating your chest over "plucking" a DC who never called plays....

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
OSU fans: bwahahaha!!! look how crappy OU’s defense is gonna be!!!

Also OSU fans: well we tried to improve our defense and somehow got worse... Gundy should get it turned around next year though. Fifteenth time is a charm!

2018 OU fans: Hiring a 2017 top 25 DC is bad.

2019 OU fans: We hired a guy that had a top 25 defense in 2017! We are awesome!
Ummm... it’s bad when he actually made your defense worse than it was before.

Knowles crapped the bed in Stillwater this year. OSU’s defense is worse than it ever has been. And this is with your new guy.

Keep hucking rocks.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
OSU fans: bwahahaha!!! look how crappy OU’s defense is gonna be!!!

Also OSU fans: well we tried to improve our defense and somehow got worse... Gundy should get it turned around next year though. Fifteenth time is a charm!

2018 OU fans: Hiring a 2017 top 25 DC is bad.

2019 OU fans: We hired a guy that had a top 25 defense in 2017! We are awesome!

Knowles crapped the bed in Stillwater this year. OSU’s defense is worse than it ever has been. And this is with your new guy.

Keep hucking rocks.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The difference is, the sieve in Stillwater improved throughout the year, especially vs the pass. The one in Norman didn't. The question is will the goon train have the patience to allow The Grinch to implement his players and schemes, which won't happen fast enough for them. I'm guessing no.
How you gonna claim to have improved versus the pass when you finish 118th in the nation in passing defense?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I guess you prefer Gundy’s method of hiring high school and D2 coaches.
This ain't about Gundy, gawd!

But since you had to go there, that D2 just got hired by Ohio State....you know, that place you fools are beating your chest over "plucking" a DC who never called plays....
We stole one from Ohio State. Ohio State stole one from Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State steals them from... Shippensburg.

See the difference?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Keep hucking rocks.

It's actually right about the same.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
FANSIDED had this about the latest goonerville hire:

Last year’s big hire was Washington State defensive coordinator Alex Grinch, a rising star who’d brought a semblance of defensive consistency to ‘Air Raid’ coach Mike Leach’s traditionally porous units. Grinch was brought in to coach the safeties and to coordinate the defense alongside Greg Schiano.

Grinch was another Ohio guy coming home and it was assumed he was being groomed to take over the DC duties once Schiano left for an inevitable head coaching job somewhere at the end of the season.

Schiano is still on the staff but Grinch is not. Lincoln Riley and the Oklahoma Sooners have hired Grinch to run their defense. He becomes the first Urban Meyer assistant to leave after fewer than two years on the job.

Buckeye fans never got to see what the hype was about. The 2018 defense was one of the weakest in recent memory, and the safety position Grinch oversaw was one of the more vulnerable spots. Jordan Fuller regressed from his 2017 performance, and the position opposite Fuller was a weakness all year until Brendon White emerged late in the season.

FANSIDED doesn't seem to impressed by Grinch.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
When Grinch had full control of a defense it made massive steps forward all three year and he was a Broyles semifinalist all three years.

He didn’t have full control of Ohio State. He didn’t call plays.

Oklahoma State hired Knowles after him having a top 25 defense at Duke. He finished near the bottom in every category and made Oklahoma State’s defense worse than it ever was before.

But... you guys still throw rocks. You have zero leg to stand on.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
When Grinch had full control of a defense it made massive steps forward all three year and he was a Broyles semifinalist all three years.

Oklahoma State hired Knowles after him having a top 25 defense at Duke. He finished near the bottom in every category and made Oklahoma State’s defense worse than it ever was before.

A lemming, that needs to be the new goon mascot instead of that 18th century mobile home they run out on the field.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

Stop repeating yourself, and learn to quote posts. Christ!

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

If you can't stop the prehistoric Big X offenses why do you think your methods will work better in the Big XII? Asking for a friend.