The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Yeah, Tech's a good comparison. Symons played one season, Mahomes played 16 games though. Kingsbury started his career in '99. OU got 11 years of high production out of the guys I mentioned, so I guess I do draw a little bit of a distinction there.

I also said going back to '06, so Houston's run & shoot predates that by about 20 years.
Maybe just put it this way... there aren't many teams that would turn down the production OU enjoyed under Bradford, Jones, and Mayfield.. not even Texas Tech, Houston, or Hawaii.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Mayfield would beg to differ there. But Jones was a better qb than most remember
The trio of Bradford, Jones & Mayfield since '06 is probably as good as any program in college football, in terms of production.
They’re a combined 96-23 in win/loss over those 9 years too. It’s 9 because Bradford and Jones split the 2009 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
They’re a combined 96-23 in win/loss over those 9 years too. It’s 9 because Bradford and Jones split the 2009 season.

Bradford went down and Game 1 or 2 of ‘09. Not a very even split.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Bradford went down and Game 1 or 2 of ‘09. Not a very even split.
W/L record still the same. All games counted once.

Trust me, I know when Bradford went down. That season was agonizing. And I was at that clusterfuck in Dallas when we lost to BYU. I try not to think about it.

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
The season is definitely upon us.

As confirmation I just spotted my first cowpuke "what if" of the new football year.

Obviously this is only the first of many as stoolwater tries once again to come to grips with above average mediocrity.

How many of the oh so precious orange hued tears can be collected?

Only the pigskin gods know.

Without further adieu - the betting windows are now open.

Got anything of value?

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
The season is definitely upon us.

As confirmation I just spotted my first cowpuke "what if" of the new football year.

Obviously this is only the first of many as stoolwater tries once again to come to grips with above average mediocrity.

How many of the oh so precious orange hued tears can be collected?

Only the pigskin gods know.

Without further adieu - the betting windows are now open.

Got anything of value?
LOL "above average mediocrity." That's the best thing I'll ever read on here ever. :lol:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
They gave up three plays against ISU. Iowa State has a really good defense and yet OU maintained a two possession lead most of the game.

Army put up a helluva fight. Do you know another offense in the nation content with 16-20 play drives that last 9-11 minutes?

Nope.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Oh... and as far as shootouts, at least Oklahoma knows they got the right QB to lead them into a shootout.

Oklahoma State? Not so much.

It’s the Big 12. Shootouts are part of what we do.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
True enough, I most definitely wouldnt want to be leaning on cornholio in a shootout. And OU's defense is better suited for big 12 offenses, so last week's performance really didnt mean a whole lot in terms of judging the defense. I think we'll get to know more on saturday.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
True enough, I most definitely wouldnt want to be leaning on cornholio in a shootout. And OU's defense is better suited for big 12 offenses, so last week's performance really didnt mean a whole lot in terms of judging the defense. I think we'll get to know more on saturday.
U check the Tulsa paper today? Nice article on your hero Mikey and how his "new and improved" D is giving up 3rd downs at a rate of 41%. Tougher games coming up. Stay tuned. ;)

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I suppose ISU didn't tell you or TG anything else either, right?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
U check the Tulsa paper today? Nice article on your hero Mikey and how his "new and improved" D is giving up 3rd downs at a rate of 41%. Tougher games coming up. Stay tuned. ;)
Why would I check the tulsa paper?

That stat includes the absurd amount of 3rd downs converted last week, which is an aberration.

I suppose ISU didn't tell you or TG anything else either, right?
I'll be concerned if it turns into a trend against baylor.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
They gave up a big play on every single scoring drive against Isu. Obviously that trend has to stop but if not for a few big plays, stuff, like 50 yard touchdown passes, it would be a different game. So lets see if that trend continues, cause I still feel like that secondary is better than it was last year.