The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I stand by my original comment. You know I said ou didn't pass the eye test which was a bit tongue in cheek. But they would trounce ND because it's a great match up for them. UGA beats both I think. tOSU beats ND and would have been a phenomenal game to watch with ou, especially with the recent history. The CFP was supposed to be about the 4 best teams, I think they got two absolutely right and two that could have been better based on some minor tweaks.

I realize we won't agree and I know I am on the verge of blasphemy by questioning the ou machine, is what it is. My biggest frustration is your fanbase spent the entire end of the 2011 season telling us we didn't belong because we didn't pass the eye test, because of our defense. That defense was better than what ou is fielding today. When matched up with teams that are semi-potent on offense, you know you have to win with 50+ on the board, which I am fine with. I wish we still played that brand but we pissed it away in exchange for "staff continuity" or some such BS.
The problem is the eye test is nothing more than the person watching sharing their opinion. Things like going undefeated with that schedule have to matter, and they do. If youre one of the best 4 teams, and you lose your two biggest games of the year, once getting your ass beat by 20 points, are you really all that good? No way OU gets held to 16 points by lsu. Ga also choked away a 14 point lead to lose to alabama too. (I remember what that one felt like). ND might not look as good, but they won all their games and played a P5 schedule. So we need some objective measures to help guide us along because just thinking one team is better than the other isnt good enough, they had to prove it with results on the field and earn their way in. Who is to say we dont have the 4 best teams in? i mean theyre the only 4 P5 teams who beat everyone on their schedule. Right? I mean, sure GA might beat ND, sure, but ND didnt lose and GA did twice. Sucks for them.

DOnt worry about the OU fanbase in 2011, you were just enjoying the frustrations of fans of a team on a down year. And it really should be expected to get hate from that direction. Most of what I am hearing from Osu and texas fans now is how OU will get destroyed and they have no chance. But me, i dont care. THey'll probably get beat but so what. This was a major goal for everyone in the country and they got in, and win or lose, just making the field is a boon to recruiting. I can see players looking at OU and thinking they can get us over that hump.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The germane question is not if the Red Raiders Lite deserved to get in, but just how big a mud hole will Bama stomp in them?
Same question was asked at the 2014 Sugar Bowl:whistle:
Trevor Knight played like a golden god. Heupel called the game of his life.

When you keep hearing you’ll get mud holed, that’s extra motivation. This team has all the potential motivation they’ll need. It’ll be fun to see how it shakes out. Even our offense is getting shit on. I mean come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
If I like any team less than Uo it's Bama. I hope the goons knock them off just because. Also while evaluating the presence of genuine a$$#0les on bedlam and flame, (myself included) I believe @Soonerme78 has to be the stupidest Uo fan I've seen. Other Uo aficionados need to have an intervention with this dumb sack of meat. He perpetuates the stereotypical "truck-stop tee shirt Uo fan" to the nth degree.

Last edited:

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
If I like any team less than Uo it's Bama. I hope the goons knock them off just because. Also while evaluating the presence of genuine a$$#0les on bedlam and flame, (myself included) I believe @Soonerme78 has to be the stupidest Uo fan I've seen. Other Uo aficionados need to have an intervention with this dumb sack of meat. He perpetuates the stereotypical "truck-stop tee shirt Uo fan" to the nth degree.
https://youtu.be/oqAOHof4GmM

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I appreciate your latest effort to prove my theory concerning your Uo stupidity. You misspelled "Karma". Bitch.

I recommend you keep a copy of McGuffy's Eclectic Spelling Book (circa 1880) in your pocket to study in between wiping water off of chrome bumpers at the car wash.
That would be her first book