The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Blame the officiating. The lowest common stoolwater denominator. Pure aggie.

witless#karma#. He earned an oSu phd in ag with an impressive doctoral on bullshit. Thanks for publishing it on the board. Your ongoing addendums only enhance your credentials in feces. Wobble on. Witless#karma#
This speaks for itself. Pure goon ignorance.
So are you saying that historically they just let people continue playing put of bounds or something? Because that seems really stupid and that made perfect sense to me to call A penalty on a guy who is driving another guy to the ground 3 feet out of bounds. The pick call was good, and there were calls that went against OU too. Like they called defensive pass interference on a play where the wr pushed off the defender. Either way OU wins again. 11-1. Time for another big 12 championship
You're allowed to block your man until the whistle blows. Never EVER seen that call before. Don't want to be blocked to the stands, don't be a weakling and fight off the block. That was a 14 point swing on a total b.s. call. If that were called on the sooners you'd all be pitching a fit. Targeting? Called all year even when the ball carrier initiates it, unless it means getting ou into the ccg. Then don't even review it. More b.s.
I don’t believe they’re allowed to flag a penalty They only saw in review. If they miss it, they missed it. If they make the call though then they can review the call. Far as I ever heard they can’t “officially” review a play looking for a reason to flag someone. It has to already have been called

They miss calls but I don’t believe it was intentionally in OU’s favor. It makes zero sense to me why you’d be allowed to play football out of bounds. They throw penalties all the time hits out of bounds so nope if it was called against OU for doing the same thing I would completely agree with it and pitching no fits. If you were paying enough attention to remember the ones that went OUs way then you surely saw the ones that didn’t. Gonna be fun in Arlington.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I don’t believe they’re allowed to flag a penalty They only saw in review. If they miss it, they missed it. If they make the call though then they can review the call. Far as I ever heard they can’t “officially” review a play looking for a reason to flag someone. It has to already have been called

They miss calls but I don’t believe it was intentionally in OU’s favor. It makes zero sense to me why you’d be allowed to play football out of bounds. They throw penalties all the time hits out of bounds so nope if it was called against OU for doing the same thing I would completely agree with it and pitching no fits. If you were paying enough attention to remember the ones that went OUs way then you surely saw the ones that didn’t. Gonna be fun in Arlington.
They are absolutely allowed, and are expected to review a crown leading target. ESPECIALLY when the player is obviously concussed and play has been stopped for the injury. Blocking out of bounds is not a penalty unless continued after the whistle, which it wasn't.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

They are absolutely allowed, and are expected to review a crown leading target. ESPECIALLY when the player is obviously concussed and play has been stopped for the injury. Blocking out of bounds is not a penalty unless continued after the whistle, which it wasn't.
When you stop blocking a guy and you’re out of bounds, then you start up again and take him through your guys and into a bench, it’s a little different.

I honestly think it was targeting and it just got missed. Wasn’t called on the field. Wasn’t much time between the snaps. It was just missed. I don’t believe for a second there was favorable calls for Oklahoma. We’ve had a ton of BS calls against us all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
I honestly think it was targeting and it just got missed. Wasn’t called on the field. Wasn’t much time between the snaps. It was just missed. I don’t believe for a second there was favorable calls for Oklahoma. We’ve had a ton of BS calls against us all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huh? The dude was laying there concussed for several minutes. It was an egregious non-call.

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
The latest bedlam W deserves an asterisk then? huh?

If so, what then does the '45 natty deserve? A perpetual coat of scoured, green bovine feces?

lol.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Yep, that's Robert Allen. Can't take him seriously. All sunshine all the time. But I guess it's good that he never swindled an old man out of Burger King franchise money and did prison time for it.