The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
This is from 5 days ago. Not one mention of any of the bullshit Whit spouted. He’s talking about camp reps and about getting a starting group together. Mike isn’t a cheerleader. Bob wasn’t either though. Very dry. And kinda pessimistic to the press.

https://youtu.be/Fe1PU1ci6LU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
This season will be the first one in a long time where I believe the entire 2 deep is 4 and 5 star players. I don't think even Bob's early teams where the defense was very good could boast that.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
And now Kyler Murray as the starter.

Sweet Jesus.....

Do you think Murray stayed to be the backup? I figured Riley would give him every chance to be the starter. Based on the QB competition in fall camp, however I bet that leash is pretty short.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
This is from 5 days ago. Not one mention of any of the bullshit Whit spouted. He’s talking about camp reps and about getting a starting group together. Mike isn’t a cheerleader. Bob wasn’t either though. Very dry. And kinda pessimistic to the press.

https://youtu.be/Fe1PU1ci6LU

I quoted Mike Stoops directly. If it was any BS, it would all be from him.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
And now Kyler Murray as the starter.

Sweet Jesus.....

Who was your pick? What did he have skill wise that you were hoping to add to the offense?
(no snark, really asking)
Kyler was my pick. Everyone knew it was gonna be him. But it’s nice to hear.

Top end speed and a legit threat to run. Defenses will have to account for it on every down or he will torch you. And the guy has a legit arm and I think better deep ball touch than Baker had. He’s not the leader Baker was. But he’s an elite athlete. And in this QB friendly offense and a creative offensive mind at the helm? Damn. It’s gonna be fun to watch.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
He's definitely the kind of qb DCs hate to play. Have to temper expectations, Jones was one of the most statistically accomplished qbs ever and he didnt get a lot of love because he wasnt Bradford

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
He's definitely the kind of qb DCs hate to play. Have to temper expectations, Jones was one of the most statistically accomplished qbs ever and he didnt get a lot of love because he wasnt Bradford
Jones is the greatest QB in OU history. No other OU QB has produced Jones-esque numbers.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Jones is the greatest QB in OU history. No other OU QB has produced Jones-esque numbers.
Its safe to say Baker is the best QB in OU history by a substantial margin. Landry has him beat by bulk. But funny enough Mayfield is only four passing TDs below him career wise despite having over 1,000 less attempts. And significantly less interceptions. And only one year less in production.

http://soonerstats.com/football/recordbook/player/passing-career.cfm

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Its safe to say Baker is the best QB in OU history by a substantial margin. Landry has him beat by bulk. But funny enough Mayfield is only four passing TDs below him career wise despite having over 1,000 less attempts. And significantly less interceptions. And only one year less in production.

http://soonerstats.com/football/recordbook/player/passing-career.cfm

After I made that post, I wondered how Baker actually stacked up. Pretty incredible.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Actually Texas Techs guys would be #1 - Harrell, Symons, Mahomes, Kingsbury. Houston would be ahead too, if you included Andre Ware from 1989, Hawaii would be up there with a trio as well.
Yeah, Tech's a good comparison. Symons played one season, Mahomes played 16 games though. Kingsbury started his career in '99. OU got 11 years of high production out of the guys I mentioned, so I guess I do draw a little bit of a distinction there.

I also said going back to '06, so Houston's run & shoot predates that by about 20 years.