The 10 Most Insane Requirements Of The Green New Deal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Me too, even though they had an average lifespan of about 5.3 seconds.
Wing would never stay in the slot level so you had to Scotch tape it in the slot best you could, one crash and the fuselage would rip behind the wing. Tail would crush trying to stick it into the slot. Do not think I ever had a flight any longer than the initial toss plus the amount of time it took to arc straight to the ground.....

Bought dozens of them convinced THIS one would fly better than the last one

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Man I used to love those things.
Me too, even though they had an average lifespan of about 5.3 seconds.
I remember the big foam ones that you would see at the fair every year and the guy selling them would casually flip the thing in a loop and catch it and I always begged my parents for one. Finally got one and the wings broke in half on the maiden flight with a hard nose first crash landing. Guess I needed more practice to get the thing to go in a loop and come right back to my hand. Taped it back together and it still flew OK but probably never quite like it was supposed to. What a let down. :)

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Wing would never stay in the slot level so you had to Scotch tape it in the slot best you could, one crash and the fuselage would rip behind the wing. Tail would crush trying to stick it into the slot. Do not think I ever had a flight any longer than the initial toss plus the amount of time it took to arc straight to the ground.....

I'd forgotten about how often the tail broke during assembly. Once I figured out that matchbook covers were a perfect substitute, no problem. Of course, there were dozens of matchbooks around the house, what with both parents smoking. Now I can't remember the last time I saw one.

Aug 16, 2012
I'd forgotten about how often the tail broke during assembly. Once I figured out that matchbook covers were a perfect substitute, no problem. Of course, there were dozens of matchbooks around the house, what with both parents smoking. Now I can't remember the last time I saw one.
Playing cards.....

Until parents went to use the cards with friends and half had triangular pieces cut out of them. Funny how things are never done again once parents become involved.

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
I remember the big foam ones that you would see at the fair every year and the guy selling them would casually flip the thing in a loop and catch it and I always begged my parents for one. Finally got one and the wings broke in half on the maiden flight with a hard nose first crash landing. Guess I needed more practice to get the thing to go in a loop and come right back to my hand. Taped it back together and it still flew OK but probably never quite like it was supposed to. What a let down. :)
My kids had a big foam plane this summer and it was awesome. They make them where the wings deliberately detach when they crash so you can just plug them back in. I was out in the back yard (we have an 1.3 acre lot) one evening and gave the plane the perfect throw..it flew level from my back patio and landed perfect right before it hit the fence. The key is to throw it with the nose pointed just slightly down..this way it gets lift under the wings but not so much that it flies straight up and then comes down just as fast. My kids might have complained that I was hogging their toy, but they don't understand or appreciate the physics and aerodynamics at play and therefore don't enjoy it as much as I do...