The 10 Most Insane Requirements Of The Green New Deal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 7, 2004
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants to pay for her Green New Deal by essentially printing more money
10:07 a.m.

Win McNamee/Getty Images

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is back with another head-turning economic theory.
The freshman congresswoman debuted her Green New Deal bill on Thursday, which aims to overhaul the U.S. economy and eliminate carbon emissions. Despite a slew of Democratic backers, NPR says the bill is unlikely to pass — especially with Ocasio-Cortez's current far-left proposal to pay for it all.
Ocasio-Cortez's proposed 70 percent income tax on the mega-wealthy ended up being more popular than politicians and billionaires thought. But in a Thursday NPR interview, Ocasio-Cortez also declared we also have to "break the mistaken idea that taxes pay for 100 percent of government expenditure." She argued for a "combination of" taxes and deficit spending, essentially saying it's worth increasing the deficit if an idea might "actually pay for itself" through job creation later on, and that lawmakers could regulate inflation with strategic taxes down the line.
Essentially, Ocasio-Cortez is continuing to argue for Modern Monetary Theory — something she said "absolutely" needs to be "a larger part of our conversation" in a recent Business Insider interview. The theory says that because governments can literally print money, "they can spend as much as they like," Politico explains. "Inflation is the only obstacle" that should stop the presses, The Week details here. In short, it's a big, untested idea for a big, untested plan.

Reminds me of a friend who was at target and her kid wanted something and she told him that she couldn't afford it she didn't have any money and he said yes you do you can just write a check.

Jul 7, 2004
FACT-CHECKING: Leftist Dem Senator Mocks AOC's 'Green New Deal' With One Remark
Photo by Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg via Getty Images

By HANK BERRIEN
February 7, 2019
On Thursday, Senator Mazie Hirono (D-HI), who is no slouching leftist herself, (witness her attacks on judicial nominees for having religious Christian views) permitted her mind to contemplate reality for a moment as she examined the “Green New Deal” offered by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. That perusal stimulated Hirono enough to acknowledge an obvious problem with the deal’s apparent insistence on phasing out air travel: Hirono reportedly said, “That would be pretty hard for Hawaii.”

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT

By HANK BERRIEN
February 7, 2019
On Thursday, Senator Mazie Hirono (D-HI), who is no slouching leftist herself, (witness her attacks on judicial nominees for having religious Christian views) permitted her mind to contemplate reality for a moment as she examined the “Green New Deal” offered by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. That perusal stimulated Hirono enough to acknowledge an obvious problem with the deal’s apparent insistence on phasing out air travel: Hirono reportedly said, “That would be pretty hard for Hawaii.”
SAIL BOATS BITCHES!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

By HANK BERRIEN
February 7, 2019
Love it. The crackpot who said "it's time for men to do the right thing, for once." during the Kavanaugh hearings points out the lunacy of the GND.

Joy Behar in blackface, VA Gov in blackface.

What a week!

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

By HANK BERRIEN
February 7, 2019
Wouldn't be no problem at all...
1549580036915.png

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
While you guys figure out how we will charge all the electric cars and trains without NG and coal, I will finish my perpetual motion machine.

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
I can't quit laughing about it actually saying "farting cows."
Further proof of her ignorance; the majority of greenhouse gas emissions from cattle, by far, is by eructation (belching) rather than flatulence. The total percentage of emissions, nationwide, by beef cattle is in the low single digits; so, yeah, there are much bigger fish to fry. The cessation of eating beef would have no discernible effect on the reduction of green house gas emissions.
I would be hard pressed to believe that, in the entire history of modern man, the gap between the collective knowledge mankind and the individual wisdom of those who are, or would be, in leadership roles ever been so massive.
My fear is that this gap and the chasm between the two politically polar opposing world views will not be conquered peacefully, with logic, common sense, and compromise. "Common ground" is a lost continent.

Jul 20, 2018
Works for the Swiss, they have mandatory conscription for all able bodied men. We can do that here and if we really want to emancipate women, we can include them. Instead of the service, you could choose a peace corp type organization to help impoverished people right here in America.
I always thought the same thing until I realized that there are 25 million people in the U.S. that are of military age.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants to pay for her Green New Deal by essentially printing more money
10:07 a.m.

Win McNamee/Getty Images

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is back with another head-turning economic theory.
The freshman congresswoman debuted her Green New Deal bill on Thursday, which aims to overhaul the U.S. economy and eliminate carbon emissions. Despite a slew of Democratic backers, NPR says the bill is unlikely to pass — especially with Ocasio-Cortez's current far-left proposal to pay for it all.
Ocasio-Cortez's proposed 70 percent income tax on the mega-wealthy ended up being more popular than politicians and billionaires thought. But in a Thursday NPR interview, Ocasio-Cortez also declared we also have to "break the mistaken idea that taxes pay for 100 percent of government expenditure." She argued for a "combination of" taxes and deficit spending, essentially saying it's worth increasing the deficit if an idea might "actually pay for itself" through job creation later on, and that lawmakers could regulate inflation with strategic taxes down the line.
Essentially, Ocasio-Cortez is continuing to argue for Modern Monetary Theory — something she said "absolutely" needs to be "a larger part of our conversation" in a recent Business Insider interview. The theory says that because governments can literally print money, "they can spend as much as they like," Politico explains. "Inflation is the only obstacle" that should stop the presses, The Week details here. In short, it's a big, untested idea for a big, untested plan.
I'm sure she's never heard of the Weimar Republic. They simply printed more money to pay government debt and this caused hyperinflation.