Thanks Coach Boynton for putting in such hard work!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I’m not in favor of getting rid of Boynton mid season at all. But, if we finish the season with another losing record, then I’m 100% in favor of parting ways. This is year 3, our facilities are still top notch, the revolving door of players still continues, the lack of ball movement on offense is literally embarrassing, players that have been here all 3 years have obviously regressed, and we’re on track to finish dead last in the Big 12. Not good enough.

Dear Mike Boynton, please please please make me eat crow by the end of March.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Mike Holder, please take the bull by the horns and make a change at head coach of the basketball program. You have a very experienced coach on staff and you need to let him run the team for the rest of the year. Name Scott Sutton interim head coach now. If results improve and we somehow make the NCAA tourney, then swallow your pride and give Scott a 3 year contract and see if he can bring us back to a respectable Big XII basketball program.
Are you delusional? The seniors are Ford recruits And play as such. There are no juniors at all. Thanks a lot, Underwood. We have two good sophomores who Boynton barely had time to recruit. The freshman class is just that, freshmen. Essentially, HCMB is just starting to develop players who he recruited for his style of play. I believe that he will get there. Give him at least two more years. Next year should be better, however.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Are you delusional? The seniors are Ford recruits And play as such. There are no juniors at all. Thanks a lot, Underwood. We have two good sophomores who Boynton barely had time to recruit. The freshman class is just that, freshmen. Essentially, HCMB is just starting to develop players who he recruited for his style of play. I believe that he will get there. Give him at least two more years. Next year should be better, however.
What is his style of play? Tell me what you're observing currently that indicates it.

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
Delusional....Coach B has been in charges 3 years and has been at OSU for 4 years. Maybe we do not have any other seniors or juniors because they get arrested or leave the team. Heck, even one of his coaches gets arrested. At some point you have to be accountable for your actions. But this is OSU and our motto is.....what till next year.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
a program that has been in disarray for 20 years isn't going to get fixed in two years, and we have been either at the beginning of disarray or headed that way since the crash and probably a little before that.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I'm not calling for a coaching change, but I am very concerned how poorly this team is playing at the moment.
It's one thing to miss shots. It's another to see Travis Ford basketball being played right now. That's freakin' scary!

I just don't see any cohesion at all.
The inability to push the ball inside the 3 point line and for players with NO REASON WHATSOEVER to be jacking 3s is simply mindboggling.

Our seniors look totally lost. All of the sudden Waters and Zing couldn't hit a free throw much less 3s.
No one is pushing the ball inside to get an easier shot up or to draw fouls.
This is a Sh*t Show and it starts at the top.

Where's the direction? What's the game plan? What happened to our promise?

Hitting 3s is NOT the answer. Playing Ford ball is NOT the answer.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Landing Cunningham gets Boynton at least one more year. Plus, we aren't the SEC. We don't fire coaches midseason.
Maybe we should start. If I werent performing in my job, I wouldnt get to "finish the season". Id be given my walking papers.
Basketball coaching is not a normal job, especially with recruiting the way it is. Just jumping up and altering course and firing your coach mid-season can really disrupt your recruiting. You lose existing recruits, you lose interest from potential future recruits and you even have people on campus leave, so with basketball you could leave your program a wasteland.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
a program that has been in disarray for 20 years isn't going to get fixed in two years, and we have been either at the beginning of disarray or headed that way since the crash and probably a little before that.
Hey, Coach Underwood did a remarkable job in a very short period of time. Yes, it can be fixed and it was fixed before Holder decided not to pay for results.

As long as we continue in every sport to "cheap hire" our coaches and hope they can do the job, we're going to struggle.
I believe Gundy has finally figured this out -- you cannot "cheap hire" some diamond in the rough/unknown/unproven coach and expect it to work out. It might on once in a while and when that happens you think you know more than top rated coaches who know that hiring the best will produce the better results.

Okay. Now get ready for the "We just don't have the money" comments....in 3....2....1.....

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Delusional....Coach B has been in charges 3 years and has been at OSU for 4 years. Maybe we do not have any other seniors or juniors because they get arrested or leave the team. Heck, even one of his coaches gets arrested. At some point you have to be accountable for your actions. But this is OSU and our motto is.....what till next year.
The arrested coach was originally an Underwood hire who went rogue.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Hey, Coach Underwood did a remarkable job in a very short period of time. Yes, it can be fixed and it was fixed before Holder decided not to pay for results.

As long as we continue in every sport to "cheap hire" our coaches and hope they can do the job, we're going to struggle.
I believe Gundy has finally figured this out -- you cannot "cheap hire" some diamond in the rough/unknown/unproven coach and expect it to work out. It might on once in a while and when that happens you think you know more than top rated coaches who know that hiring the best will produce the better results.

Okay. Now get ready for the "We just don't have the money" comments....in 3....2....1.....
How has Underwood done since leaving here?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Also was a coach retained by our current coach. Just like the players that steal credit cards and pay for their drinks and laugh about it, players that shoot up cars with BB guns, and a player accused of rape. Were does the buck stop?
so he knew they had problems right,is that what you're insinuating? That he knew and he covered it up and just allowed it to happen and then once it got too noisy he had to do something and get rid of the players and get rid of the coach?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Also was a coach retained by our current coach. Just like the players that steal credit cards and pay for their drinks and laugh about it, players that shoot up cars with BB guns, and a player accused of rape. Were does the buck stop?
The buck stops when he finds out there's issues with a player and immediately just gets rid of them or when there's a suspected issue he suspends them until things are figured out. He's not covering things up like other coaches do to keep good players on their teams.

I would think culture and the morals of the players would be one thing you couldn't argue with regarding Boynton?

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
The buck stops when he finds out there's issues with a player and immediately just gets rid of them or when there's a suspected issue he suspends them until things are figured out. He's not covering things up like other coaches do to keep good players on their teams.

I would think culture and the morals of the players would be one thing you couldn't argue with regarding Boynton?
Really, it has happened 3 years in a row. At some point, you have to start questioning the judgement of coach B.

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
so he knew they had problems right,is that what you're insinuating? That he knew and he covered it up and just allowed it to happen and then once it got too noisy he had to do something and get rid of the players and get rid of the coach?

I don't think he knew. I think that's the problem, he is so unaware of whats going on.