Texas Tech Med School Eliminating Race in Application Process

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Unfortunately, our family has experienced far more doctor visits across the country than most families. I would much rather be seeing the most qualified doctor regardless of race or sex than a second rate doc that got in due to imposed rules. And trust me, we seen doctors who are second and third and fourth rate in the process.

Feb 25, 2008
Wonder if the Federal Government will continue to us 8(a) contractors:

https://www.sba.gov/federal-contrac...business-development-program#section-header-2
8(a) Business Development program
The federal government's goal is to award at least five percent of all federal contracting dollars to small disadvantaged businesses each year.

8(a) program qualifications
To qualify for the 8(a) program, follow this eligibility checklist:
  • Be a small business
  • Not already have participated in the 8(a) program
  • Be at least 51 percent owned and controlled by U.S. citizens who are economically and socially disadvantaged

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-i...true&node=pt13.1.124&rgn=div5#se13.1.124_1103
124.103 Who is socially disadvantaged?
(a) General. Socially disadvantaged individuals are those who have been subjected to racial or ethnic prejudice or cultural bias within American society because of their identities as members of groups and without regard to their individual qualities. The social disadvantage must stem from circumstances beyond their control.
(b) Members of designated groups. (1) There is a rebuttable presumption that the following individuals are socially disadvantaged: Black Americans; Hispanic Americans; Native Americans (Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, or enrolled members of a Federally or State recognized Indian Tribe); Asian Pacific Americans (persons with origins from Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Japan, China (including Hong Kong), Taiwan, Laos, Cambodia (Kampuchea), Vietnam, Korea, The Philippines, U.S. Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (Republic of Palau), Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Samoa, Macao, Fiji, Tonga, Kiribati, Tuvalu, or Nauru); Subcontinent Asian Americans (persons with origins from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, the Maldives Islands or Nepal); and members of other groups designated from time to time by SBA according to procedures set forth at paragraph (d) of this section. Being born in a country does not, by itself, suffice to make the birth country an individual's country of origin for purposes of being included within a designated group.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
that's why I have told my children and wife if something untimely happens in the tejas handle of the pan that they are get me to Oklahoma, I prefer my Dr.s to be either high achieving osteopaths or to have experienced dorm living in a portable living device.