Texas mass shooting prevented by grandmother

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
19 yr old William Williams is in jail after telling his grandmother in July he had purchased an AK 47 and planned to shoot up a hotel in Lubbock TX and then kill himself

Instead of calling police his grandmother brushed it off, but when he rented a hotel room she was able to convince him to go to the hospital to seek treatment and tell officials of his plans.

In his room they found the AK 47 with 17 loaded magazines, multiple knives, black tactical pants, a black trench coat and a black T shirt with the words "Let 'Em Come" on it.

The ATF reported that Williams misrepresented his address on form he filled out to purchase the firearm and he was charged with making false statements to a firearms dealer.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ging-grandson-hospital-after-threats-n1039226

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Sounds like they need to look into the dealer too. Every time I have purchased a firearm, the address I give them has to match 100% to the address on my ID. I was in store after we purchased a house and the dealer wouldn't let me proceed with the paperwork until I went and updated my driver's license.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Sounds like they need to look into the dealer too. Every time I have purchased a firearm, the address I give them has to match 100% to the address on my ID. I was in store after we purchased a house and the dealer wouldn't let me proceed with the paperwork until I went and updated my driver's license.
Yep, about 10 years ago, we moved from Tulsa back to Stillwater. I went to Tulsa to buy a pistol from Academy but had to leave empty handed because my drivers license wasn't updated with my new Stillwater address. Had to get a new license and got my gun a week later.