Texas forced the LSU band to sit in the nosebleed seats

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
Full title:Texas forced the LSU band to sit in the nosebleed seats in the pettiest move of the college football weekend

Link: https://www.businessinsider.com/tex...oLUM2BEEerU2qwQUN3hd8J9lkcz7FLD5e8zR5zCni-SbE

Best quote: "There's a chance that LSU decides to put the slight behind them, but if I were a member of the Longhorns band heading into next season, I would remember to pack extra sunscreen for the trip to Louisiana."

Best Twitter comment: "Honestly, I think sticking the LSU band up in the nosebleed is more insulting than any upside down horns or blown up jerseys."

Interesting photos are another good reason to go to the article.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Full title:Texas forced the LSU band to sit in the nosebleed seats in the pettiest move of the college football weekend

Link: https://www.businessinsider.com/tex...oLUM2BEEerU2qwQUN3hd8J9lkcz7FLD5e8zR5zCni-SbE

Best quote: "There's a chance that LSU decides to put the slight behind them, but if I were a member of the Longhorns band heading into next season, I would remember to pack extra sunscreen for the trip to Louisiana."

Best Twitter comment: "Honestly, I think sticking the LSU band up in the nosebleed is more insulting than any upside down horns or blown up jerseys."

Interesting photos are another good reason to go to the article.
So now it's a big deal 'cause it happened to LSU?! They do this to e'rybody...

kadune

Bitching about grad school
A/V Subscriber
Oct 4, 2008
CoMo
This happens every where. When I was in band, I can only think of one occurrence (Mizzou 2011) of it happening to me, but I think Texas did it to OSU the last time they visited (which wasn't normal). TCU has done it to opposing bands. At OSU, they've run into issues with seating for visiting bands (Missouri State, Grambling). The only factor I know of is if the visiting band is "late" in deciding if they'll attend the game. A lot of it is up to the AD and the visiting ticket block.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think not sticking the visiting band and fans near the bench of their own team or at least on the same side down-low is rude. With that said I wish we could put OU's band in the parking lot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It’s the band,,,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To the visiting team and their fans, being close to the team and the band both is a thing. Hard to be excited for your team when you can't even see them on the sideline celebrating and be a part of that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
So now it's a big deal 'cause it happened to LSU?! They do this to e'rybody...
I'll have to check with my former OSU tuba player son on that. His time with the CMB predates the DKR expansion to the current capacity/configuration. That said, I can't recall him ever saying they were put in Outer Mongolia when visiting other stadiums.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think we should seat the OU band in the indoor practice facility with a 10" tv for Bedlam and close all the doors.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
The band thing is common, this is total b.s. though. If true they need to sanction UT's sorry sippin selves.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_4c7ccdf0-d32d-11e9-b2cc-e3343db78599.html

Buy Now
LSU coach Ed Orgeron takes the field with his players before kickoff against Texas, Saturday, September 7, 2019, at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas.
STAFF PHOTO BY HILARY SCHEINUK

Brooks Kubena
LSU football coach Ed Orgeron confirmed Monday that the Tigers did not have air conditioning in the locker room Saturday for their game against Texas.
Orgeron said he called Louisiana Tech, Texas' Week 1 opponent, before the game and in anticipation had his team bring extra fans.
According to official stats, the game-time temperature was 98 degrees.

"First of all, I called Louisiana Tech, and they told us about it," Orgeron said Monday. "So we did some things in the dressing room that were better. It wasn't great, but it was better. At least we had air in there. They didn't have air. We had some blowers in there. I don't think that caused as much as going out there and having to play 93 plays on defense. I think that had a lot to do with it."

Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte said in a written statement that Orgeron's comments were the "first we've heard of any issues in that area" and that "we've confirmed that our air conditioning in the visiting locker room is in good working order."
"Our facilities staff did not receive any complaints from either Louisiana tech or LSU," Del Conte said in the statement.
An athletic official at Louisiana Tech was reached for comment and the university did not respond as of press time.
Can't see Tweet below? Click here.

Brooks Kubena

@BKubena

Ed Orgeron said #LSU didn't have air conditioning in the Texas visiting locker room. Talked to La Tech and heard about it. LSU brought some blowing fans. Didn't think it had anything to do with the cramps.

They'll do more IVs at halftime to prevent that from happening again.

12:48 PM - Sep 9, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

79 people are talking about this

Numerous LSU defensive players dealt with cramps and other injuries during the Tigers' win Saturday. By the end of the game, Longhorns fans could be heard booing injuries, believing the players were faking in an attempt to slow down Texas' play.
LSU players who missed at least part of the game because of injury: safety Grant Delpit (returned), defensive lineman Rashard Lawrence (didn't return), linebacker Michael Divinity (returned), defensive back Kristian Fulton (returned), defensive end Glen Logan (didn't return) and defensive lineman Tyler Shelvin (returned).

"Although it was hot, I thought — I think the humidity was like 23 percent," Orgeron said. "It wasn't like Louisiana. But our guys did cramp up in the second half. We talked about it as a staff that we need to get some IVs, more IVs at halftime. Didn't seem like nobody needed one at that time, but to prevent that, I think that more guys will get IVs at halftime, obviously with the doctor's approval."
BECOME AN LSU SPORTS INSIDER
LSU Daily News
Stay in the know about LSU athletics' biggest news headlines. Sign up today for our newsletter!

Manage Lists

EMAIL BROOKS KUBENA AT BKUBENA@THEADVOCATE.COM.

Job Creation Has Another Rough Month in June
Sponsored byConnatix
by Taboola
Sponsored Links

You May Like

Plastic Surgeon Reveals 1 Method To Snap Back Aging SkinBeverly Hills MD

Luxury Senior Living In Oklahoma Is Surprisingly AffordableSenior Living | Search Ads

Seniors With No Life Insurance Should Do This Before September 20National Family Life Insurance Quotes

If You Are Over 55 Check Out These 27 DiscountsGoldenAge Life

One Simple Trick Smart Seniors Are Using to Save on Medicare Supplement PlansMedicarePlan.com

Top Cardiologist: This One Thing Will Properly Flush Out Your BowelsGundry MD Supplements

MORE FROM THE ADVOCATE
MORE FROM OUR PARTNERS
Recommended by

View comments

FOLLOW US

SECTIONS
SERVICES
OUR SITES
News Tips:
newstips@theadvocate.com
Other questions:
subscriberservices@theadvocate.com

© Copyright 2019 The Advocate, 10705 Rieger Rd. Baton Rouge, LA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy