Texas Bowl vs aTm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 12, 2007
Best case: Houston Bowl. Worst cast: First Responders Bowl
I'm not sure where your predictions came from but I would like to know the source. First Responders is not even an option as not enough teams are bowl eligible so it is out. The Cheez-It Bowl is the lowest bowl in the pecking order now so that is worst case. Best case is the Alamo because if ou makes it to the CFP, that puts Baylor in the Sugar and now the Alamo can pick whoever they want. We travel well to the Alamo and it has been 3 years since we've played there. Now...if ou or Baylor doesn't go to the CFP, one of those teams will go to the Sugar Bowl and can another NY6 team pick up the other team? I'm not clear on that and maybe somebody here will know that answer. If that can happen, that puts the Alamo in play again.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
Who cares,really???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I care. I started OSU in 1982. I have seen a lot of losing. We sucked for many of years. I enjoy the bowl games. I go every year and take my kids and enjoy, other Cowboy fans, food, cold beer and a ball game. A true cowboy supports his team no matter what. Remember 0-10-1 season?
Yeah, I care too. I don’t care which bowl unless it’s a playoff bowl. The real benefit is extra practice and the reward of a nice trip for the players. They definitely deserve it. As a fan, I want us to play in the Big 12 title game and the playoff. Next year we’re going to have a real chance....unless TX is back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Are you just saying random toughguy phrases? Because nothing you're saying makes any sense. You almost seem like a Russian fakenews bot with Boomer traits that's been sent to muddy the waters of our fanbase.
Oh god! Not those sneaky russians again! How can they keep getting away with it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
You go bowling bro? I am...lets meet up and discuss this over a beer.
I will not be attending the bowl game. We're a single income household, still paying off student loans, and have a 2 year old. It's just not a good use of our limited resources at this point in our life. Maybe in 5-10 years, hopefully when we're playing something better than the nobodycares.org bowl.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You go bowling bro? I am...lets meet up and discuss this over a beer.
Why would you do that to yourself? You would probably get a discussion about how whatever beer chosen is not properly hopped, is either to cold or hot, and how it can't possibly win a natty due to corporate and midlevel leadership at the brewery.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I will not be attending the bowl game. We're a single income household, still paying off student loans, and have a 2 year old. It's just not a good use of our limited resources at this point in our life. Maybe in 5-10 years, hopefully when we're playing something better than the nobodycares.org bowl.
Good use of your resources, two year old are lots of fun.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
We’re tied for 3rd at 5-4 with Iowa State, K-State and Texas. While Iowa State and Texas are 7-5 overall, we’re 8-4 overall along with K-State. Tiebreakers are only used to decide the two teams for conference championship. No tiebreak rules for the rest of the season standings. And bowls obviously can choose any representative based on their selection order so we “could” be anywhere from the 3rd to 6th big 12 selection
Wrong. There is a championship game to determine the champion. From the Big XII website for other positions:

In the event two (or more teams) tie for second or any subsequent position, the tiebreaker procedures below will be used to break all ties as necessary. For the avoidance of doubt, only Conference records will be used throughout the process:
a. If two teams are tied, the winner of the regular-season game between the two tied teams shall prevail.
b. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the regular season game between the two tied teams shall prevail.
1. The Conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against each other in a “mini round-robin” format.
2. The Conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against the remaining team(s) in the Conference
standings from top to bottom.
a. When comparing against the remaining teams in the Conference standings any two-way ties will be broken by head-to-head
competition before the comparison begins.
b. If more than a two-way tie exists amongst the remaining teams in the Conference standings, the record against the collective
tied teams as a group will be used.
3. Scoring differential among the tied teams. The team or teams with the lowest difference between points scored and points
allowed in games vs. the tied teams is eliminated from consideration.
4. Draw (In the event steps 1-3 cannot break a multi-team tie the prevailing team or teams will be determined by draw at the
Conference office).
In the event tiebreaking procedures are unsuccessful and a draw is necessary in determining any portion of seeding,
the following procedures will be used:
a. The draw will be conducted in public or with media attendance.
b. Institutions involved in the drawing have the right to have a local representative in attendance at the drawing.
c. A single slip of paper for each institution (with name or logo) will be placed in a container and will be drawn in order
of seeding from highest to lowest.

In the event that scheduled regular season contests cannot be played as originally scheduled, every effort shall be made to reschedule such a contest at the earliest possible date, provided that such rescheduling does not interfere with classes, examination periods, NCAA rules, or other sports prohibitions. If contests cannot be rescheduled and in the event of a first-place tie, the Conference tiebreaker system will be utilized to determine championship game participants or a Conference Champion.