Texas Bowl vs aTm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Conventional wisdom says unless you are OU all the planets have to line up perfectly to have a year like this. Even OU has to have several good recruiting classes and get a few breaks their way to stay on top. 2 years ago Baylor was mired in scandal, had virtually no recruiting class and defections of several other players. Somehow here they are. It makes no sense to me, and apparently none of the regulatory institutions who claimed to be investigating their program are going to do anything.
Oh they’re as dirty of a program as anyone. However, that doesn’t negate the fact that they’re really good. The NCAA will catch up with them again.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Baylor is pretty legit.
Meh... legit for the b12 maybe. They got lucky A LOT this year. They were literally a handful of plays away from 3 reg season losses this year. Sorry, I just don’t see oU (or Baylor for that matter) making it out of the first round of the playoff.

oU was/is “good” this year. But they’re a far cry from “elite” level. I may get blasted, kinda just the way I see it, but the b12 this year was barely, juuuuust BARELY, better than the PAC12.

Josephus33

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
2 highly overrated blue bloods.

Every year it seems we hear projections of a ND / OSU matchup, and it never happens.
Have you ever noticed blue blood teams hardly ever are in bowl games against non blue bloods? I don’t know how this happens, but it happens every single year.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Sorry, I just don’t see oU (or Baylor for that matter) making it out of the first round of the playoff.

oU was/is “good” this year. But they’re a far cry from “elite” level. I may get blasted, kinda just the way I see it, but the b12 this year was barely, juuuuust BARELY, better than the PAC12.
I agree with you. OU isn’t close to the level of tOSU, LSU or Clemson.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Have you ever noticed blue blood teams hardly ever are in bowl games against non blue bloods? I don’t know how this happens, but it happens every single year.
I know how it happens. A blue blood vs. a blue blood brings higher ratings. That's what they are shooting for above all else.

Jun 12, 2007
247 is convinced we are headed to the Texas Bowl and it is either K-State or Texas in the Alamo.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2014
I don't want to play Utah. No win situation. We win, everyone says, see Utah isn't that great and didn't deserve the play-offs. We lose... well, we lose.
terrible attitude. I want to play the absolute highest ranked team we possibly can, don't care who it is but it would probably be Utah at this point so bring them on. Would love to beat a good, highly ranked team and finish in the top 20