Texas Blackout Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2005
You're dodging the question, Zach.

Why haven't the organizations that said they would support your "blackout" declined to endorse it?

And I'm not asking you to speak for them or anyone else. I just want your opinion.

You've been telling people for days now that the Alumni Association and OSU would be supporting it. Surely you've got an inkling as to why they haven't.

Oct 20, 2009
You're dodging the question, Zach.

Why haven't the organizations that said they would support your "blackout" declined to endorse it?

And I'm not asking you to speak for them or anyone else. I just want your opinion.

You've been telling people for days now that the Alumni Association and OSU would be supporting it. Surely you've got an inkling as to why they haven't.

Well the department heads are the ones endorsing. I just made the facebook group, I just started the hype. I had nothing to do with shirt production other than agreeing to work with my friend Kyle on it.. I could have said no, but I didn't. I support everything the Spears School of Business has done and worked in collaboration with me on. Dr. Bird has been working with me, Gary Shutt, told Kyle, not me, that he stood behind us and that the OSU Communications Dept. is behind us. I'm just the messenger, I am told about these things from our Spears Ambassadors and I let people know what a great thing it is. I don't care how angry you are with Blackout, I don't care if you wanna make things up and start rumors. I dont care if you know that I attended school at Texas, I don't care if you think I didn't. I'm me, so why don't you focus on yourself and not other people. Wear ORANGE if you want, I'm not stopping you, not at all. You can't change anyone's mind either, the students minds are made up. Drop it. leave it alone. I don't understand why or how you have so much time to intentionally harass a student who wanted to do something interesting and different, I bet you are a gay basher and a racist too, because they're different. Would it make you hate me more if I told you that I'm half Arabic, because I am.. gonna call me names and stuff that will "hurt" me? Are you going to harass me because my father is Muslim?
ت وأن والتي تحرق في جهنم بكل الامور قلتم لي

Anyway I love that you waste your time on something you cant fix yourself.. something you can't stop, sorry you're mad that there is so much momentum behind this that it just flusters you to the point that you cant take it, so you bash students for it.

I'm done.

Jul 25, 2005
This latest post on the Facebook group is just adorable.

If everyone of us went to walmart tonight and bought ten black t-shirts, for I don't know seven dollars or some shit like that. Then decorated them with some puff paint from hobby lobby. We could hand them out at the game to people who don't know about the black out attempt. 6,000 faithful handing out ten shirts a piece, that is sixty thousand. Think about it.
After this "puff paint" arts and crafts project is finished, maybe we can get Mom and Dad to give us some macaroni and a glue stick or two.

We can then use the macaroni to spell out words like "THIS BLACKOUT WAS A TOTALLY AWESOME SUCCESS!!!" and then cover it in glitter.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
IF he only did it to make friends be popular why do you care? Its a good idea. IF he lied and took that money to Austin, thats bad, but i'm still wearing black because its good idea. So what do any of these reasons have to do with blacking out texas?

Jul 25, 2005
Well the department heads are the ones endorsing.
But here's the thing - except Dr. Bird from the Spears School of Business, they haven't.

I just made the facebook group, I just started the hype.
So now you're not taking responsibility for the "blackout"? That stands in stark contrast to the statements you've made in the past.

I had nothing to do with shirt production other than agreeing to work with my friend Kyle on it.. I could have said no, but I didn't. I support everything the Spears School of Business has done and worked in collaboration with me on. Dr. Bird has been working with me, Gary Shutt, told Kyle, not me, that he stood behind us and that the OSU Communications Dept. is behind us.
Again. If these campus organizations did indeed tell someone that they were behind you, I find it curious that they've bailed.

I'm just the messenger, I am told about these things from our Spears Ambassadors and I let people know what a great thing it is.
Great for whom?

I don't care how angry you are with Blackout, I don't care if you wanna make things up and start rumors. I dont care if you know that I attended school at Texas, I don't care if you think I didn't.
I'm not "angry" with your "blackout".

I just think it was a horribly conceived and henceforth, horribly executed plan that could have potentially succeeded had you gotten an athletic department endorsement.

When you didn't get their support, however, I have no idea why you continued to try and force feed it down everybody's throat.

I'm me, so why don't you focus on yourself and not other people.
Because I'm not the one leading what you're calling an "epic" student group.

Wear ORANGE if you want, I'm not stopping you, not at all.
But you and your cronies have been doing your damndest to convince us all otherwise, yes?

You can't change anyone's mind either, the students minds are made up.
No. Some students' minds are made up.

The problem is, you've continued working under the assumption that the vast majority of OSU's students are in full support of this "blackout".

And while some have voiced their approval, you're ignoring the fact that a lot of them want no part of it, and even some of your former supporters have started jumping off the bandwagon now that they see it isn't going to be (nor has it ever) been officially sanctioned by OSU athletics.

Drop it. leave it alone. I don't understand why or how you have so much time to intentionally harass a student who wanted to do something interesting and different
Interesting? Please. Blackouts are nothing more than a novelty. Not saying that I wouldn't support one should the university decide to actually do one, but all you've essentially done is divide the fanbase.

I bet you are a gay basher and a racist too, because they're different. Would it make you hate me more if I told you that I'm half Arabic, because I am.. gonna call me names and stuff that will "hurt" me? Are you going to harass me because my father is Muslim?
ت وأن والتي تحرق في جهنم بكل الامور قلتم لي
Wow.

That might take the award for "Stupidest Thing Ever Written" on OrangePower.

You think this has anything to do with your ethnic identity? Hate to break it to you, Aitouddahi, but when I take standardized tests, I don't check "White".

Several of my closest friends? Gayer than Liberace.

So get that presumptuous crap out of here. You're really grasping at straws when you start accusing me of not supporting your "blackout" due to racial and homophobic bigotry.

Anyway I love that you waste your time on something you cant fix yourself.. something you can't stop, sorry you're mad that there is so much momentum behind this that it just flusters you to the point that you cant take it, so you bash students for it.
And again - you're so consumed by your own blind ambition that you can't see the truth.

I'm done.
Doubtful.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
So, do you care to recant that 1000 shirts sold #, or was there an extra 400 shirts printed that Dr. Bird knows nothing about. $1600 bucks would be a hell of an Austin weekend.;)

The blackout t-shirts were designed by OSU student leaders. They bought 600 t-shirts and have sold approximately 480 as of yesterday. The proceeds minus the 10% that Athletics charged for the license agreement, will be split between the United Way and a children’s rehabilitation center (the name of which I can’t remember). They will probably make about $1,200 for the 2 charities. If you have any other questions, feel free to call me at 405-744-5328.

Lee Bird

Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:56 PM
To: Bird, Lee
Subject: "charity" t-shirts

Dr. Bird

There have been some questions raised about the funds for the Black Out Texas org.

Some proceeds from sales of T-shirts were supposed to go to the United Way, and a rehab facility of some kind.

We were told $4 of the $10 price would be split between the 2.

Can you enlighten me and many other alumni and fans as to the legitimacy of these claims, and the # of shirts sold.

The organizers Kyle and Zach have differing #'s.

Thanks in advance for your time in this matter
Rob Brown
OSU alum

Oct 29, 2009
All I can prove is that I was in his dorm room an hour before we left for Austin. He said he didn't have any money and was going to take some from the blackout shirt money he had. I saw him take it out of an envolope and put it into his pocket. Ironicly he also asked if he could borrow money from me, which I did but he never payed me back. So if he wont pay me back then why would he put the money that he took to go to Austin back in the fund?

Jul 25, 2005
*sniff, sniff* looks as if I've gotten myself banned from the fb group, must have had too many pertinent questions.

Those were fake sniffs btw.;)
I find it curious that Zach Aiamatotalfailure keeps linking OrangePower.com off his Facebook group and even goes so far as to encourage members to vote in its polls, yet he has yet to answer any of the questions that have been posed to him.

Note to Zach: We know you're lurking. Obviously, because you keep referencing the board on your Facebook page. Be a man and face the facts.

Jul 25, 2005
Hey Zach - I notice that you removed the ability to view wall posts by non-members almost immediately after I noted your continued reliance on OrangePower.com as an avenue to promote your failed "blackout".

Coincidence?

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
*sniff, sniff* looks as if I've gotten myself banned from the fb group, must have had too many pertinent questions.

Those were fake sniffs btw.;)
I got banned from it too for linking to the "Why we Wear Orange" article... This guy is very worried that we have found some things he has not shared with the members of the blackout community.

Status
Not open for further replies.